I think my beardie has lost it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesleyg1989

Hatchling Member
I have seen it occasionally running around its viv but recently it runs right across the viv and into the glass bumping its head, I don't think it hurts itself though. Then today It just starting glass dancing and running about like crazy. Is this just normal behavior for a dragon and I put some paper on the outside of the viv on the glass so it might stop running straight into it.

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
Could be a temp issue.

What are your temps (basking, cool side)?
What are you measuring them with (digital probe, stick on therm, temp gun)?

Chryss

Hatchling Member
Could also be that he/she sees theirself. Do you have type of backgroud up to help cut down on the mirror affect? I put one on the back and both ends and Alvin quit doing all that.

lesleyg1989

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ajkry2":9fd0c said:
Could be a temp issue.

What are your temps (basking, cool side)?
What are you measuring them with (digital probe, stick on therm, temp gun)?
My temps are all correct and I have 2 baby beardies in the one tank and it is just Zizou that does this.

jjkc

Both of my babies are in seperate enclosures and they do it alot. AL quit doing it after I cleaned up around the outside of his enclosure.

Chryss":13aa8 said:
Could also be that he/she sees theirself. Do you have type of backgroud up to help cut down on the mirror affect? I put one on the back and both ends and Alvin quit doing all that.
Dax behaved the same way, too. He's in a temporary tank while I work on his new enclosure and he started doing it again on the one end that doesn't have a background.

well my BD tank stays at 95 or 96 the basking side and this is with a probe cold side is like 75. i have tryed everthing to get any higher. but he gaps all the time u think my temo might be higer? and he is in a 40 gallon breeder

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
What are you taking your temps with? Maybe the thermometer is no good and you are not getting correct readings. You want to use a digital probe or a temp gun.

lesleyg1989

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Update since putting the paper round the sides Zizou has stopped running into the sides so yay! he probably just didn't realise the glass was there.
Thanks for the replys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom