i think i broke my babies tail... what do i do? *pic heavy*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrammy

Hatchling Member
I was cleaning Darla's basking rock and when I put it back I think she must've gotten her tail under it. Its kinked and a bit floppy now. It hes dark coloring toward the end but I think that's cuz I was naughty and helped pull shed off last week.

Is it broken? Is it going to fall off????? What can I do? Put a splint on it???

IMAG0743_zps7e5290b1.jpg

IMAG0740_zps75cdd5db.jpg

IMAG0710_zpsa5037377.jpg

IMAG0718_zpsc6ee1217.jpg

IMAG0720_zps6e07be2f.jpg

IMAG0731_zps5defdc75.jpg

IMAG0726_zpsb160591c.jpg

IMAG0721_zps63ffcf5e.jpg

Scrammy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
P.s. I just noticed it today. ...there are no broken skin areas...like I said..I think the dark end is due to me pulling shed off like a very bad mommy...its been. darker since I did it

steph2one11

Hatchling Member
Im sorry that hapoend, I've done that before luckily I noticed his tail was under before the rock was all the way down. I hope someone comes along and gives you a good answer, good luck. :D bump

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
I happened to catch my girls tail in her carrier and smashed her tail towards the end of it. Lucky for me I was at the vets when it happened. Had vet look at it, no skin broke on it, like yours. I took her back a week later to have it checked again. Then 2 months later it got a little darker, took her back in, but noting has happened to it, it is a little darker but its fine. Keep an eye on it and if you feel you need to take your beardie in to have it checked, please do. Infection and tail rot was my concern for my girls tail, but so far, 3 months after its still ok. Hope this helps a little.

jsnsan

Juvie Member
Oh no! It definitely doesn't look like a happy tail :(
Not sure if it could be broken or dislocated? Probably only an xray would tell.

Scrammy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I talked to my vet and have an appt Friday. He is worried about infection. I sure hope it heals ok. I don't mind a crooked tail but I don't want her to lose it. Ill get a fecal done then too. I'm lucky I have a herp vet about miles from me. I used to take my other my other beardie there and I trust he knows what hes doing. When Lucy died they sent me a condolences card with her little foot print on it. Was so sweet.

Anyway.... I feel like such a horrible mommy!!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom