I love my beardie :] [with picture and video!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure some of you saw that post from another member of the forum a few days ago...I think it was called "What happens when the baby puts himself to bed"

Well, the sameish thing happened to me/my beardie tonight :lol:
I went to a few stores tonight with my mom and I thought we'd get back before Puff's lights went off. Usually I lay a towel over his hide so he can snuggle up in there and poke his head out [which he does every night]. Well we got back a few minutes afterward and when I got to his viv, this is what I found:
bhxfg7.jpg

He pushed up his reptile carpet and squeezed under it!! When I saw it I felt so bad for not setting up his towel but at the same time it was so cute...Obviously he woke up when I walked in and took the picture. But then I wrapped him up in some cloth and put him to bed for real :D

Also, earlier today I had him on my bed and my cat Snickers was laying a few feet away. Suddenly, Puff ran towards her and jumped on her!! I immediately put my hand in between him and the cat's face because it freaked me out. I don't trust any of my cats around him but she didn't seem to want to attack him. She seemed to be more worried about the fact that he was ON her haha. Nevertheless I kept my head near them just in case and luckily my video camera was right next to me so I got this short video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guVrq03yIwg

I only let him stay there for about 30 seconds before I moved him.

Anywho, thought I'd share :]
I love my beardie and I'm so glad I have him!!

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Very cute! Poor little thing getting under his repti carpet. It sure does make you feel guilty though, doesnt it? I would hate when mine would do that.
And, they are all so lovable and adorable arent they? It is hard to explain to someone, until they get one! :love5:

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Hehe. They will find the most interesting places and positions to fall asleep in! I recently crocheted a baby blanket for a friend and had some left over yarn so made a new blanket for Scorch. She is about 19" so it is about 1/3 the size of a regular baby blanket. When I take her out in it people look twice because they see the baby blanket and get this puzzled look on their face. That's too small to have a child in it. What's in there?

CROCadoodledoo

Hatchling Member
So cute!

I just watched two of your other videos where puff stands on his back legs for them worms and jumps for that hornworm.. I must say I am impressed :blob5: :D

Aww, Puff is so adorable. One of my males did the same thing with his reptile carpet. He was sleeping under the carpet upside down! :shock: Cool pic and vids. :D

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
I just love that pic, she looks like she is peeking out, so pleased that she is hiding and able to spy on you. I think if I saw a beardie sleeping on his back I would totally freak out. :shock: I have never heard anyone mention that before and there are some pretty incredible poses on here.

I did freak out. It was late at night, and I was coming home from work. So I was just peeking in on them, as I always do. And all I seen was a lump in the carpet close to the front of the aquarium. I lift the carpet up, and sure enough he was sleeping upside down under the carpet. :shock: I took that as very strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuochoakenperfume
Top Bottom