I have a male and a female.. what next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRedDragonAkaRed

Hatchling Member
2 healthy beardies both full grow both 1 year....the famle is bigger then the male.

and they are both separated. i know iam supposed to wait 90 day put them together .

i dont want to wait long the male i have had for about 4 mnths and the female i got yesterday.

i do plan on waiting dont worry..

but i want to the know the risks would be if i match them up now.

what is the minimumamount of time i should wait...i cant do any fecal tests or anything but they both eat well and do everything well....i take good care and i read a lot about them.....i have read lots on breeding and iam prepared to breed them...but are they??

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
You actually want to wait until they are both 18 months old, and a few months prior to breeding, you will want to up the calcium and feeders for the female.
Also the female should be at least 530 grms, so I think you are just a bit premature in wanting to breed them. If you breed the female too early, she can actually have major difficulties, ending in her death. I would go ahead and wait, and get her conditioned. Oh yes, you will want to do a fecal on both before breeding. If one has parasites, this too can lead to more problems. You can use the 6 months to build extra vivs for the hatchlings, and to build up on food resources. Go ahead and start looking into incubators and making sure the one you get, is easily worked, and has everything needed for a successful incubation.
Janie.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
i have to disagree on the weight of the female. some females will just never get that big. if the female is 400 grams or more and 18 inches (unless has tail nip then you must use your judgement) you can breed her. but it is always good to get a fecal done.

you should have at least a 60 day quarantine period just to make sure the new female doesnt have any medical problems as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom