http://wevery p a reptile owner needs to know this important

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmAndWillow

I think the idea of permits for reptile owners is amazing. It takes a special, dedicated person to own a bearded dragon i think a permit would make them truly understand the importance of proper care and make them think deeper about the responsibility. There are far to many kids in my area that buy lizards and other exotic pets just because they think they look "cool" and have spare money lying around from birthdays and christmas' only to get bored of them :/

Jess

Extreme Poster
Wow, that's... interesting. :|

Yeah, it doesn't seem at all like that is being done to ensure people take good care of their reptiles. It's more like they want to inspect your setups to make sure that your snake can't escape and eat someone. :roll: Sure, a $25 fee would deter some people from impulse buys, but being able to pay $25 doesn't mean that someone is responsible enough to have a reptile. I've seen plenty of CL adds where people will spend a bunch of money on their pet's initial setup, and still let it almost die because they got "bored" of it or something. (One of the worst I've seen is a CL add where the person claimed to have spent $400 on an aquatic setup for their leopard gecko...) And there are people who will just dump their unwanted reptiles to avoid the fee too. I don't think it will solve anything, as far as responsible ownership goes.

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
It doesn't work, New Jersey has permit requirements and you don't have to show anything to buy any reptile. It's just a method of control and a fund raiser for the government. You're all being deluded by a bunch of politician jerks who know nothing about reptiles or animals. They care more about lining their pockets with fines and permit fees.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
kjinxx2":1sl9qgwa said:
It doesn't work, New Jersey has permit requirements and you don't have to show anything to buy any reptile. It's just a method of control and a fund raiser for the government. You're all being deluded by a bunch of politician jerks who know nothing about reptiles or animals. They care more about lining their pockets with fines and permit fees.

it's from the fish and wildlife division. Do you know what that is?

Funds for the State Wildlife Grants program (SWG) are provided by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to keep species from becoming federally listed as threatened or endangered. Annually appropriated by the U.S. Congress, Pennsylvania’s funds are apportioned between the Fish and Boat Commission and Game Commission to address each agencies trust species and habitats. For general information about the State Wildlife Action Plans visit: http://www.fishwildlife.org.
-http://fishandboat.com/promo/grants/swg/00swg.htm

it's the "professional environmental agency dedicated to the protection, management and wise use of fish and wildlife resources"

the money goes to the state to help conserve wildlife, plant life, protected species, and education about them. you can go to these sites and visit learning centers and learn all about the animal/plant life native to your state. every state has this.

i can only lay the facts out in front of you, i cannot make you understand them or believe them.
not everything is a government conspiracy to control your lives and steal your money.

mgodfriaux

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Bunnyrut I hope that is all there planning to do Because in pennsylvania they have been trying to phase out reptiles as pets for a while I was born and raised in pennsylvania and have recently moved to tennessee It was hard to find good reptile areas in pennsylvania because of the stigma attached But the fishing game want to make it where you don't have them at all I pray that all let it that was about And that you were completely correct But I didn't start this thread to have an argument I just wanted to let people know so they were aware of what was going on I hope it doesn't end up being an argument yes I believe in free right I think that everybody should have their own freedom that was americas about But I'm gonna get off my soapbox lol And just hope that I have made everybody aware because when voting time comes we will need all the support that everybody has to give

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
bunnyrut":3pt5c1xn said:
it's from the fish and wildlife division. Do you know what that is?

Funds for the State Wildlife Grants program (SWG) are provided by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to keep species from becoming federally listed as threatened or endangered. Annually appropriated by the U.S. Congress, Pennsylvania’s funds are apportioned between the Fish and Boat Commission and Game Commission to address each agencies trust species and habitats. For general information about the State Wildlife Action Plans visit: http://www.fishwildlife.org.
-http://fishandboat.com/promo/grants/swg/00swg.htm

it's the "professional environmental agency dedicated to the protection, management and wise use of fish and wildlife resources"

the money goes to the state to help conserve wildlife, plant life, protected species, and education about them. you can go to these sites and visit learning centers and learn all about the animal/plant life native to your state. every state has this.

i can only lay the facts out in front of you, i cannot make you understand them or believe them.
not everything is a government conspiracy to control your lives and steal your money.

Unfortunately you're mistaken - these movements are not part of State Wildlife Grants. They're requiring permits for native and non-native reptiles. They have no interest in protecting against their extinction - how would them requiring permits prevent their extinction anyway? This isn't about conservation... that's what the SWG is for at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom