How to switch from crickets to all worms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find that keeping crickets is hard because they always find a way to escape my cricket keeper and its getting on my nerves (my mom will kill me if she finds another one). Worms are much easier to keep and less likely to be found all over my house. So what I want to know is which worms to use as a staple. Ive heard good things about silkworms and calciwroms. I want to know which is the best or if I should use both. Also, how many to feed every day.
Thanks!

ps are caliworms, phoenix worms and repti worms the same thing

Kaiser

Juvie Member
WalterTheDragon":2ksc9y77 said:
I find that keeping crickets is hard because they always find a way to escape my cricket keeper and its getting on my nerves (my mom will kill me if she finds another one). Worms are much easier to keep and less likely to be found all over my house. So what I want to know is which worms to use as a staple. Ive heard good things about silkworms and calciwroms. I want to know which is the best or if I should use both. Also, how many to feed every day.
Thanks!

ps are caliworms, phoenix worms and repti worms the same thing

You can use black soldier fly larvae (under the brand names of "Reptiworms" and "Phoenix Worms"), silkworms, hornworms, and superworms (if your bearded dragon is approximately 16 inches or longer in length) as staples.

Reptiworms, Phoenix Worms, and CalciWorms are all the same species of worm: black soldier fly larvae. The difference is primarily their brand and the type of diet the worms are reared on. Reptiworms and Phoenix Worms can both be used as staples because of their balanced nutritional content and proper calcium:phosphorous ratios; however, Calciworms should only be supplemented, as they have much higher calcium content and imbalanced ratio than either of the other two. And too much calcium can be detrimental.

Also, variety is generally always best. If you can afford to feed a variety of worms, oftentimes, that'll be more beneficial than relying on one type of worm.

As to how many to feed every day, it depends on your specific bearded dragon's relative age and eating habits. For younger bearded dragons (approximately a younger than a year and a half, though it may vary), generally, it is recommended that you allow your bearded dragon to eat as many as it will eat within a ten to fifteen minute time frame, two to three times a day. Most bearded dragons will not overeat, and will eat until they are happy and satisfied. The ten to fifteen minute time frame is put in for the bearded dragons that may overeat. For adults, protein should be offered once a day, every day (though some adults may only need protein once every other day). Though this is just a general rule of thumb, it's also often recommended.

sarah82

phoenix worms and silk worms are really good in nutrition also calcium to ph ratio. silk worms are anoying to take care of however and they eat eachother if they dont have enough food. phoenix and suppers are really easy to care for. we give our 6 month old those 2 and supper worms. i dont know how ever, how many. i posted a question asking that same thing. so far we are doing 10 pheonix (cuz there small) 5 suppers and 2 silk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
My name is Faith
Top Bottom