How to properly ship roaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ihaggerty1313

Juvie Member
Here's my situation. I'm sending a friend out some Dubia. I've never shipped in the winter before. Any of you guys have any pointers? Not sure if I should use a plastic bug cup or if I should ship "loose" in a box? What kind of heaters should I get and where should I place them? How many roaches can I put in the package etc. Basically.... I need a crash course in how to set up a package so that it gets to my buddy quickly and safely. I've been keeping and selling Dubia for quite a while but don't have too much shipping experience under my belt.

Thanks for any help!
-Ian

beardiebandit

Hatchling Member
when i got some from the roach guy recently he had them in a small box with a heat pack taped to the side of it and then had it wraped in newspaper and put it inside another larger box so there was some insulation.

they seemed to be just fine.

clear

Sub-Adult Member
I have double boxed and packed a ton of paper in the shipping box of roaches and they lived through 40F nights. I wouldn't recommend it tho, if the temp drops in the 40's you should use a heatpack.

Ihaggerty1313

Juvie Member
Original Poster
clear":c358c said:
I have double boxed and packed a ton of paper in the shipping box of roaches and they lived through 40F nights. I wouldn't recommend it tho, if the temp drops in the 40's you should use a heatpack.

Where should I put the heat pack? Tape it to the box as stated above? where would I put it if I use Bug Cups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom