How to keep them entertained

Status
Not open for further replies.

novakayne

Ok,

As slaves, our masters entertain the holy hell out of us by doing all the zaney things bearded dragons are known to do. But when we're at work, or out with friends or doing stuff where your favorite pet can't see you, how do you keep them entertained?

I've spent at least 50-60 dollars on toys for him such as those plastic cage balls with bells inside to stuffed toys that are green (he goes apeshit over anything green) shiny stuff, and basically anything I thought would get him moving around/playing. But none of it works. Once I put something in his cage he just stares at it. After a couple days of staring at it wondering what it is, he goes up and licks it, then goes back to his rock. Then he pays no attention to it, lol.

So, what do you do/suggest to keep a bearded dragon entertained/happy when you're not around to interact with it?

P.S. I know how boring the day can get even with the vast majority of options for entertainment available to me. So I kninda feel sorry for him being couped up in his vivarium all day without any attention.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
I don't have any toys for my girl, it seems like she started to brumate right before I moved her in her new viv and hasn't been up much to check out her new home. Sorry I can't help much.

trickyspark

Hatchling Member
Not sure about when you're not there, but mine loves to chase a laser pointer. He loves to stare at the fish in the aquarium near him and try to find a way to eat them through the glass. He also seems to like when my wife takes one of the balls with a bell in it and swings it on a string in front of his cage.

Not sure if any of that helps.

hokie28

Mine keeps himself entertained by playing with his reflection, and by trying to eat our pet tarantula through the glass. They're not pack animals, so I don't think they really have the need to be entertained like a dog or other pack animal would. When I get home, then he gets to do the fun stuff like climb furniture and explore the house. I have never heard of giving a bearded dragon toys. I can imagine they probably get the same reaction that I get whenever I put something new in his cage- the stink eye and then ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom