How to grow your own greens???

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyryce

Hatchling Member
Wasn't sure if this topic belonged in the Feeding or DIY. Where I live it is difficult to get the turnip greens , collard, Escarole and Endive. I was thinking that it would be really handy if I could grow these items in my house over winter then outside during the summer. But as far as growing inside I was also wondering if it can be done hydroponically? I have no experience with growing plants inside or hydroponically at all and was wondering if anyone knows if this can be done. It would sure save time running around and save money plus I would have greens for my beardie and turtles as well. Also I would be learning something new which is always cool. Any direction, advice or procedures would be greatly appreciated! Can post reply or PM me.

Thanks,

Danielle

wizbee

Juvie Member
Last summer I made a small garden in a childs pool and grew veggies for Boga! It was fun and yummy!

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
I use 5 gallon pickle buckets from Burger King. I drill holes in the bottom, pea pebble after that, then I fill to 2" below rim with my own composted soil. I get a pretty good harvest, and with my greenhouse (last years' tax return) I still have some leaf lettuces going. These are easily moved either by hand, or placing on a footer with casters, you can let a few go to seed ( I had 10, 5 went to seed) to continue the goodies!
If you need more information, feel free to pm me.
Janie.
Organic gardener and impending Beardie slave !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom