202.jpg

197.jpg

196.jpg

195.jpg

194.jpg

187.jpg

Ilovemybeardedragon

Original Poster
I don't have one because he usually out side and it a like cover top called la Nile its used to on out side balcony so bugs don't get but I had some spare so I used it for that it has little holes for air to ventilate the cage by what do u mean by subtrate and thanks for the comment about the castle it's actually a bird house that I found at a store and I made the hole bigger for him ad he loves it !

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
You do need to get a UVB. Screen blocks out alot of UVB, and the substrate looks like crushed walnut shell which poses a serious risk for impaction in your baby.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
That castle is totally EPIC - he looks so proud of himself sitting up top there. That is a happy face. :D Just make sure to get that UVB that everyone is talking about. We have our dragons on 12 hours UVB a day. Dragons either get the proper kind and amount of UVB every day or they get sick, diseased and die. :shock:

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
It is such a bummer, but bearded dragons are at risk for ingesting the sand and particulate substrates and they can get impacted. We bought killer orange calci-sand for our first beardie but then we heard of people whose beardies had either surgery or died from sand impaction so we never used it and got Repti-carpet. :shock:

I saw an xray from a gecko that was sand impacted. It was a post-mortem exam because the gecko died. I was amazed at how much sand was in his body...! I would have never believed it except it was right there on xray. :shock:

KatieKat

Juvie Member
Yes, I'd switch that out too, since it's loose, he could easily ingest it. You can use tiles, or reptile carpet, or even plain paper towels. I;d get on that UVB ASAP. Just so you don't buy a dud, the ReptiSun 10.0 is one of the best, make sure it's a long coil bulb, not a compact! Or the Arcadia D3 12%

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
YEP the Repti-Sun 10.0 would be the long tube that would go in a fixture, not the compact coil. The Zoo-Med website even has a place for you to register your bulb and they will send you a reminder when it needs to be replaced! Pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom