How often do they lay eggs? gravid again?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
Tasty Treat already went through a full clutch about 4 months ago (60 eggs total, 2 separate lays).

but now she is starting to get really fat again, and looking all uncomfortable like she did before she laid eggs last time.

How often do they lay eggs? do i have a highly fertile little girl?

StaceysBuddy

Juvie Member
I was doing research because I wanted to ask in my own thread what was going on too.
Someone said it could be up to every 2-3weeks from spring to fall or just once a year.
Depends on the beardie.
AHH!!

Reason I'm concerned is Buddy laid 3 clutches last year July-August. That was new and exciting. But now it's only March and she has laid 2 clutches... I'm so scared this is going to last all summer long. How can she take it?! She goes crazy every time and I basically go crazy trying to be home off of work when she's laying or to let her out of her tank while she is glass dancing. She poops everywhere before she lays, I can't keep up! Then afterwards, you got to make sure the calcium and everything is correct. Don't get me wrong, I do it for her and I don't mind but it's never ending! I can't imagine what she is going through.. twenty some eggs every time!

(She's infertile)

Hopefully someone else can chime in because what I found out is that it's going to happen...a lot.

Spikey92

Juvie Member
Geez..thats why I hoped Spikey was a boy but we found out shes a little girl. Still to young to lay eggs but Ive been nervous about since I found out shes a female :/ definitely not looking forward to it ...

StaceysBuddy

Juvie Member
Buddy is the same age. She will be 2 years in July. We thought she was a boy as well, so it's actually Miss Buddy.

All together she has laid 5 clutches of eggs!
She literally laid the 5th clutch yesterday of 26 eggs with 3 "loose" eggs that she laid before the main event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom