how long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasond02

Just got my dubia colony setup today with 36 females, 10 males, and about 250 nymphs. They are starting to eat so that's a good sign! Just wondering will they start breeding possibly tonight or does it take awhile for them to destress?

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
They are most likely breeding happily.

In fact, if you bought them as adults, many of the females were probably
already bred.

Gestation time is about 30 days or so, with live birth of anywhere from 20-40
nymphs, and then about a 10-15 day cooldown phase before breeding/gestation starts again. [which is why we just take a simple 20-25 babies a month average].

Adult females have a breeding lifespan of approximately 12-14 months, and newborn
nymphs take about 5-6 months to reach adulthood and start their own breeding.

jasond02

Original Poster
haha that's funny b/c I came home after work and found around 20 babies in the bin, the female was being very protective of them too. She had to have come here already knocked up.

jasond02

Original Poster
here is a picture I took...

WP_20140324_003_zps8e7b0e20.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom