how long could a 40 gallon breeder hold 2??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrammy

Hatchling Member
I don't get my new baby til august and I'm going crazy waiting.. I'm thinking of getting another one in the mean time. I have a 40 gallon breeder tank that I would divide with ..I dunno.. something..so they wouldn't be housed together ever.. but how ling before they out grow that and have to be moved?

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Hello :D Hmmmm.... That honestly depends on the baby. Some grow faster then others. I would wait as set-ups can be very costly and an unexpected expense may arise with your August baby. Your 1st check up alone can hit the wallet hard if an issue is found. It's also very hard to split a 40gal and provide different gradients in heat as each baby would only have 20gal of space. 2x's the heat, 2x's the UVB. It would be tricky. Hope I helped a little. Good luck :wink:

Scrammy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes you helped..you are right, it would probably get white costly. I'm just getting so impatient... Grrrrrr..

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Aw, I hear ya. The anticipation is killer. :x I knew I wanted an adult but I he or she had to be under 3years old, under $100 with a passable set-up and couldn't be more then 1hr driving time away. I waited months! :roll: It was so hard passing up all the cutie pie babies I came across. I wanted one so bad! Then by fluke I found an add on Kijiji. 'Bearded Dragon, Orange' I clicked (just out of curiosity) I was shocked! :shock: A beautiful beardie just over a year old in my own small town! $100 for everything! Needless to say, that beardie is now my sweet baby girl. My paticence paid off. Waiting flat out sucks. But I swear to you it's worth it. :wink:

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
within 3 to 4 months they would need their own tanks i think. the babies do like to run around their tanks.

maybe in the future after you have started your own feeder colony and find another tank real cheap you can get a second beardie. it's kinda hard to just have 1, i have two and i would take in another if i had the room!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
bunnyrut":3cc5xazo said:
it's kinda hard to just have 1, i have two and i would take in another if i had the room!
LOL! :lol: This site is kill'n me!!! Now that Myah and I are buddies, I want a little baby sooooo bad! :blob5: Sigh... Next year... I hope....

trinity040400

Juvie Member
Well after my second beardie grew up and needed a 40 gl tank I had this nice 20gl long just sitting there empty. I was tempted to get another baby it was killing me! But even though I had room for the 20gl I knew there was no way I was going to get another 40gl tank to fit in my room! So I got a leopard gecko instead which happily fits in my 20gl long and will never need a bigger one! :mrgreen:

So my point is maybe you should get something else that is easier to tide you over with, like a mouse. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom