How long can a bearded dragon go without UVB

Par0xysm

Original Poster
To make a long story short, I accidentally got a LED light instead of the UVB ones and I have one ordered. I got the little guy on Thursday but would he be fine for a week until it comes in?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
To make a long story short, I accidentally got a LED light instead of the UVB ones and I have one ordered. I got the little guy on Thursday but would he be fine for a week until it comes in?
You can get him outside for good uvb- temps outside above 65 - if he's a baby I would put him in a tote no top no glass they get too hot - watch him do not leave him - 15 minutes in the sun will be good - do this every other day till uvb comes in- what brand and bulb did you get?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The Arcadia D3 12% tube is a great bulb. As suggested, mounting it underneath of the screen for the
best UVB exposure.
Be sure to post pictures also when you get everything all setup.

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It's arriving on the 21st.
Get him outside in the next few days every other day if you can 15 min or longer direct sun but as suggested do not leave him alone and I would use a tote w/ no lid for a baby - if the dragon is older they can sit on you but be careful they are quick and can run fast especially babies - the UVB from outside is real good

Par0xysm

Original Poster
Get him outside in the next few days every other day if you can 15 min or longer direct sun but as suggested do not leave him alone and I would use a tote w/ no lid for a baby - if the dragon is older they can sit on you but be careful they are quick and can run fast especially babies - the UVB from outside is real good
Alright I'll do that when I get home

Par0xysm

Original Poster
I let him outside today, wasn't too sunny and it was mild temp.

Par0xysm

Original Poster
Here is what he looks like btw

Attachments

• 17158922053515821337107935452429.jpg
    17158922053515821337107935452429.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 21

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chriziz
Top Bottom