How do you celebrate you dragon's birthday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
This may be a silly question,but I would like to know. My Alf will be turning a year old soon and she is 17 1/4 inches long and weighs 392 grams.Thanks in advance.
Sara

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Well I haven't yet gotten to that mark yet, though it is coming up for Yardley ! I imagine that if I haven't gotten a new viv for him I will most likely order some treat worm for him, dress him up in a little hat and have a "birthday worm" uncake for him with lots and lots of pictures !

Janie :D

SJM

Hatchling Member
The one year mark isn't close for Thor, but when the time comes I think we'll go out for some sun and a nice Goliath worm! I wonder if they sell any tiny party hats that he could wear comfortably. :lol:

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Nero's milestone will be in August and I am sooooo excited! I was just talking to the hubby about this the other night and of course he rolled his eyes at me :roll:

Since I do a lot of baking, and I have two months, I'm trying to figure out how to come up with something I can prepare for him out of veggies (there is absolutely no way I could include bugs in any of my recipes :bleick: ).

I don't if you can consider it an early birthday present, but he is getting a new girlfriend 8) (she'll be here in two weeks) And of course, she's still WAAAY to small for his 435 gram self.

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I can't say hubby rolled his eyes,he's worse than I am if that is possible.He babies her something fierce,always snuggling and loving on her and if he thinks she's not acting right he goes nuts until I either make a post or show him something I have read. Anyway her birthday is July 4th,an Independence Day baby. She is growing well and so pretty.She has brought so much joy and happiness our way I want to celebrate. Probably some treat of somekind(worms) and strawberries for her treat,she LOVES strawberries.

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
I usually make something for their tanks and get them their favorite worm which is hornworms for Semi and Jada. Magick doesn't really like worms but will eat them for us. But I always make them something such as a new mattress to sleep on and matching flannel blanket. Ummm, I think I will make Jada a mattress and matching blanket since she doesn't have one. I don't think I can replace her doggy as it is her best friend. :lol:

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Rubens 1st birthday is in two months time and I know what Im getting him!

A handmade embroidered blankie from our very own beardeddragon.org tailor
[ Invalid URL Removed / p= t=94949 f=2 ]

turkeybird

Hatchling Member
Zilla's birthday is the same day as mine!!! (June 14th). I plan on giving him some horn worms (his favorite) in a cupcake liner so that it looks like he's getting a cupcake, too. We bought him a small swimming pool so we'll have a pool party for him as well.

Turkeybird

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Ethelia":4b3fe said:
Rubens 1st birthday is in two months time and I know what Im getting him!

A handmade embroidered blankie from our very own beardeddragon.org tailor
[ Invalid URL Removed / p= t=94949 f=2 ]

How funny that so many dragons are turning 1 at the same time!, My Nero, Ruben, Jacqui's Reggie, Alf in the beginning of July. WOW

PARTY, PARTY, PARTY!

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
:lol: :lol: Need to do something for our "babies" don't we? Alf is very special to all of us so we want her day to be as special as she is (not really possible but I can try.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
When Rex turned 1 yrs old, my son insisted on having a birthday party. All the grandparents came...my mother/her husband, my husbands mother/her husband and my father-in-law. It was quite the party. Rex was really big fan of Sponge Bob, she watched it everyday with Aaron(son).
She got a Sponge Bob blankie,a Sponge Bob pillow(from my son), a Sponge Bob figurine(from grandparents) for her viv, Log(from grandparents) and a big plastic baby pool from us. She still has her pool and enjoys playing in it during hot summer days. Oh and my hubby's mother made her the biggest most beautiful salad topped with strawberries. A friend of mine even made her a bikini to wear in the pool....LOL....it was awesome!

Yes...most of our friends thought we had gone over the deep end! :roll:

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
gulfbrzdawn":516fd said:
A friend of mine even made her a bikini to wear in the pool....LOL....it was awesome!

:laughhard: A beardie bikini! Now I've heard everything! Did you ever put it on her?

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Neromom39":39d16 said:
gulfbrzdawn":39d16 said:
A friend of mine even made her a bikini to wear in the pool....LOL....it was awesome!

:laughhard: A beardie bikini! Now I've heard everything! Did you ever put it on her?

Yes, we did once, but it was hard to keep it on her. She kept wiggling out of it! She's a bit modest....I think she would have prefered a one-piece! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom