How big should an 8 month old beardie be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

myhatt

Hatchling Member
Hi,
I have 2 8 month old beardies and was wondering how big they should be. They are both males and one is a bit smaller than the other. They are housed in 2 separate 80 gallon tanks with the recomended lighting and temps. (recomendations taken from a modarator on this board) Thank you.

xJaZx

Hatchling Member
If you do some more reading throughout the site you will find that this has been discussed many times. There really is not a set size that any given dragon should be at a certain age.

For example: My 7 month old male is quite a bit larger than my 10 month old female. I assume her development has been affected from her previous living condition as I've only had her a couple months. However I dont know for sure, as she was shipped to me.

My male is 535 grams and 17 1/2 inches long @ 7 months of age.

My female is about 16 1/2 inches long and much lighter in weight than he is. My guess is she weighs about a third of his weight @ 10 months of age.

myhatt

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you for your reply. Both of mine fall short of those sizes and I am a bit worried. Perhaps I have not been feeding them enough. How much should they be eating at this age? I hate to be a "bad" beardie owner so any help and advise is appreciated. Thanks again.

xJaZx

Hatchling Member
I try to feed them about as much as they want to eat. At their size now I feed them super worms for breakfast and for dinner (occasionally crix to mix it up). Generally about 8-10 super worms per dragon, per feeding. I offer them wax worms or pheonix worms on occasion too as treats. They also get a salad almost every day at lunch time (left in there until night time) with mustard, collard or turnip greens with various fruits or veggies on top, offered as salad "treats".

I always dust their night-time feeders with calcium about 5x a week and about 2x a week I switch that with a multivitamin dusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete5775
Top Bottom