hormone imbalance, hermaphrodite or ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Germ

Hatchling Member
I don't know but I have a female, approx. 9" nose to vent, 6 or 7 years old, that has always periodically glass/wall danced, likes to periodically dig around & is one of the ones I mentioned that has previously done that behavior, I just weighed her & she weighed in at 736g, never bred, I'm not worried.

Sandyweight004.jpg

Just sayin'

Gail

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
She's a nice big chunk but she is large all over. Pig is just big in the belly, really, really bloated looking. I'll get some pics tomorrow. Pig will be leaving me soon though, she is going to someone with a ton more experience with gravid females.

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
Breeding may or may not help, so don't breed her unless you want to breed her. This behavior is defintely a pain in the butt and can go on for 2 to 3 months. I've had females act this way and quit the minute they bred to a male,or I've had females act this way, breed to a male and keep acting this way without ever becoming gravid. I've also had them act this way and never breed to a male, although they would constantly mount other females. I always assumed I didn't have a dominant enough male to subdue them, total waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom