hi,im new! i new help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanishbeardie

hi my name is iker,and i am from andalusia,
i came here because i want your opinion,i want to keep two adult beardies,male and female,in the same tank,if i can do it,¿how big should the tank be?
¿what accesories should i buy?
¿How should i make the terrarium?
¿Can i put sand?
¿if i can't,what type of substrate i have to put??
Thanks for the help,sorry for my english,and Please,give me dimensions in cm,i'm not good with inch
¡Join the bro army!¡Pewdiepie rules!

Ashleydmj

Hatchling Member
Hello,
Housing more than one Bearded dragon in a tank is a bad idea. Bearded Dragons are independent and territorial by nature. There are countless stories and posts on this website about Bearded dragons severely harming eachother.

A 45 gallon breeder tank will be appropriate to house one Bearded dragon. If yo uhh would like 2 dragons, purchase 2 seperate tanks :)

Bearded dragons need a basking spot for many reasons relating to their health. Logs or sticks from the pet store or disinfected work best. They also need a hide (cave) for when they want to co off.

No sand for any age in my opinion.
sand can cause impaction in babies which can be fatal. Also, sand can't be clean which puts your dragons at risk for parasites if their enclosure is unclean. it is not cost effective either. Repticarpet or tiles work best. Tiles are much more convenient and look nicer in my opinion.
Hope I helped ya out! :)
-Ashley

Ashleydmj

Hatchling Member
Hello,
Housing more than one Bearded dragon in a tank is a bad idea. Bearded Dragons are independent and territorial by nature. There are countless stories and posts on this website about Bearded dragons severely harming eachother.

A 45 gallon breeder tank will be appropriate to house one Bearded dragon. If yo uhh would like 2 dragons, purchase 2 seperate tanks :)

Bearded dragons need a basking spot for many reasons relating to their health. Logs or sticks from the pet store or disinfected work best. They also need a hide (cave) for when they want to co off.

No sand for any age in my opinion.
sand can cause impaction in babies which can be fatal. Also, sand can't be clean which puts your dragons at risk for parasites if their enclosure is unclean. it is not cost effective either. Repticarpet or tiles work best. Tiles are much more convenient and look nicer in my opinion.
Hope I helped ya out! :)
-Ashley

Spikey92

Juvie Member
NO starter kits please!

You need
- a 40 gallon tank (just googel the dimensions)
- repti Sun 10 uvb TUBE or arcadia 12% TUBE
- a fixture for the uvb tube
- a basking light (bright, not coloured)
- a dome for that
- a digital thermometer with probe
- a ceramic heat emitter if it gets below 65 fahrenheit in your house at night
- a food bowl
- a basking decor (such as a cave or log,something they can climb up and lay flat on to bask)
- tiles or paper towels as substrate
- calcium supplement and multivitamin supplement

And of course food ;)

Ashleydmj

Hatchling Member
Hello! Sorry about the late reply! That kit is not good. There is actually not an existing kit that is appropriate for Bearded dragons. (Even if it claims to be specifically for dragons)
You need a UVA and UVB bulb.
The only UVB bulb that is recommended for your Bearded dragon is the Arcadia or the reptisun 10.0 TUBE bulb
you will need a fixture to to hold the UVB tube bulb. a light fixture used for under cabinets that is long enough found for cheap at your local superstore is what most people use.
Purchase 'Command hooks' or little hooks that stick strongly to the wall. The most effective way to get the UVB to your dragon is mounting the light fixture inside the tank. This is where the command hooks come in, the fixture will have holes on the back usually and measure out where the hooks will connect to those holes to hold it up. (stick the hooks to the inside of the back of your tank.
The UVA bulb Really differs depending on how far away your basking spot is, how large your tank is, how well it holds the accurate basking temperature etc...
If it gets really cold at night, you need to purchase a Ceramic Heat Emitter from your local pet store to keep the cage warm enough while lights are out.
There is much more but that is a lot to take in, I understand.
Be sure to purchase your enclosure needs before adopting a Beardie.
Once you have:
UVB (recommended tube bulb)
UVA bulb
Under the cabinet light fixture
Sticky hooks or command hooks to hold the fixture up
ceramic heat Emitter (optional depending on climate and heat in your house)
And some kind of high up basking spot (logs work best)
Post on here and I will help you out if something doesn't make sense. :)
-Ashley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom