Hi everyone! From Ohio with BD and Rankins (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirleeq

Hi Everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself to the beardie community, being a sufferer of the beardie bug. Up until just a few days ago, I was a one dragon girl, when lo and behold I stumbled across a pocket sized little guy that had been born as part of a herpetology lab study. Unfortunately for him (fortunately for me), he was considered an extra boy, and one of the university girls gave him to a girl who worked at a petstore, to see if she could help find him a home (if she had brought him to a reptile show, he'd be snapped up faster than a beardie snaps up crickets! Lucky for me, that wasn't the case!). The petstore was one that focused primarily on hand fed baby birds, and did not have very many herp loving clients, so my little Rankins baby boy sat on the shelf for months, dropping in price again and again and again, remaining unsold while all the parakeets and cockatiels around him found homes. Poor guys ears are probably blown out from all the whistling and the 'pretty birds'.

Anyway, I am a regular customer there for the bird food since we also have a cockatiel, but had never noticed the little guy. It was nice this week, and I brought Primrose my BD with me while buying bird food. The girl working at the store showed me the little surly guy, who over the course of the months he was in the pet store, had been marked down severely in price because he was a 'biter'. I brought him home at a steal -- $40. I just think he was stressed being around all those birds, lol. He hasn't bit me once!

Cato the Rankins came home with Primrose and me, and now we are a two beardie family! Cato has tamed up quite a lot in a very short time, and loves head scratches. I am going to make sure he is handled and loved every day!

Pictures of Primrose (sand fire juvenile bd, 10 months and 16 1/2 inches), and cato (rankins sub-adult, 11 months, 10 inches). They will sit together, cato will sit on top of prim in the window sill, but don't worry, they are supervised and each have their own viv and proper lighting!

Prim and Cato looking out the Window

primcato2.jpeg

Prim basking on her hammock

primrose.jpg

Cato in his cage - he looks green here, but I think it is because of the repti carpet!

cato.jpg

Thank you for letting me introduce myself and share! I am sure I will have lots of questions for everyone :)

athenacp

Extreme Poster
Awww great pics and they are both adorable! Welcome to the site too, you will find that we love pics, lol!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Welcome! :blob5: Oh my goodness! Your so blessed! What a find! They're both so beautiful. :D I've always had the best luck with misunderstood pets in my life. My beloved standard poodle was the 'past over pup' The breeders were moving and couldn't take the 14week baby with them. I was looking for a white male but came home with a chocolate female! LOL! And for half the price! Best dog ever! My Lovely Beardie baby was a 'second chance dragon' already an adult and thought to be male :roll: . It took months of love and care to get her to be my snuggle buddy. Now she'll 'ask' to come out and play! I refuse to do laundry without her. (who else is going to dive though the warm socks to make sure they're good and dry!?) :lol: Post more pics when you get the chance! We all love pics! :mrgreen:

Whirleeq

Original Poster
Another, because I just love these guys... and of the two dragons stacked, so you can all see the differences between the rankins and the beardie :)

12+-+1

I am still so, so, so geeked about Cato joining our family :).

He has a pretty distinct pattern on his back, a small head, no triangulation or beard and his tail seems a little different too.

12+-+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom