HES NOT EATING HIS GREENS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rita4

Hey guys im new to this but i dont see my bearded eating his greens. I have a made a dish where there is collard green a small amount of lettuce and carrot. Any suggestion or tricks to have him eat them. Its weird cuz he has been eating his crickets.

Try some different veggies. I havent had my Dexter long (3 weeks) but I do find that he favours some veggies over others, squash is his favourite, he always eats it.. this week we tried bok choy and sweet peppers and he turned his nose up at them. You may just have to find what he likes.

Edit to add: Try moving the veggies around with your finger in the bowl, or wiggling them in front of his nose... Beardies prefer food that moves.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Rita, how old is your bearded dragon? :D Mine don't always eat their greens every day, either. I was able to trick one of my dragons yesterday with shredded squash. I dropped shreds one or two at a time in front of him and he ate them like they were worms. :lol:

Rita4

Original Poster
Hey guys im sorry if i didnt respond back to you guys asap. Thxs crooks i fed him lettuce once not iceberg lettuce though and he seem to eat that but when i add like collard greens and carrots to it he wont eat it. Also is lettuce bad for them cuz i heard about that so i stop feeding him that and ever since i did i start feeding him collard greens but he wont eat it. Im guessing he like lettuce better? haha

Rita4

Original Poster
Hey shanny he is about a year old and nice trick i will try that but ever since i got him i havnt given him any worms yet should i start feeding him worms then wriggle the veggies to make it look like its worm to him?

Rita4

Original Poster
hey cybercat thxs for that suggestion but he wont eat the veggies should i give him lettuce that i heard its bad for them cuz thats the only thing i see him eat so far?

cybercat

Do not feed lettuce. Do the collard but chop up fine and only give a small amount maybe with some shredded carrot on top. Butternut squash is good too. At a year you might have to do tough love. It will not hurt him but withhold live food for a day or two. Hungry dragon should eat his greens when offered.

Rita4

Original Poster
thxs cybercat im thinking about putting dish in a dish collard green kale shredded carrot chopped up cucumber to tiny piece along with chopped up tiny pieces of butternut squash is that a good dish or should i put something else?

Lettuce and cucumbers wont hurt a bearded dragon, they just don't offer any nutrients. They are mostly just water, so you dont want your beardie filling up on them. I think what you are offering is great, hopefully he finds something he likes.

Rita4

Original Poster
thxs for that comment im still having trouble having him to eat i tried everything like wriggling the the kale likes its a worm cut some apples for him but he still wont eat any tricks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cinnabunn
Top Bottom