Here's Rudy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonRudy

Hatchling Member
Hoping this works. I *think* he/she, not sure which right now, is about 3 months old. Anyone who knows how old they are at around 7", I'd be grateful to have you post back.

IMG_5749.jpg

mweil

Hi there welcome to the forum.I would say thats about right 3 mos.Its hard to really tell with out knowing the hatch date.I assure you in another 3 mos he\she will be twice as big as now.Just keep feeding insects and greens and you will be amazed at how fast they grow.Get he\she use to baths at a early age and you will have some laughs when its bath time.Mine just loves them ha ha ha or should i say tolerates them.

AMHaak

Juvie Member
Very cute! I love baby beardies. I love my 4 year old beardie very much, but I want another baby so badly. I would have to agree with the above poster that he/she is about 3 months old.

angie

DragonRudy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I watched the YouTube video about how to sex a baby dragon and it's pretty obvious we have a little boy! Nice to finally be able to say "he" and "him" and be right! Thanks for the opinions on the age! We will assume about 3 months as of now!

DragonRudy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Updating with a few pics...taken two days ago:
IMG_6076.jpg

As you can see, he's in the process of shedding:
IMG_6075-1.jpg

Strange, but his head has shed once (just a few days ago), his tail twice and he's trying to get rid of legs and feet for the second time. Body should be soon I would think...for the second time:
IMG_6081.jpg

DragonRudy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Too funny, but at night he loves to just play dead on my laptop keyboard. He always goes to the upper left hand side and flattens out and squirms for a bit, then he's out! So cute and the kids think it's hilarious :lol:
Oh, and as of last night, he measures just shy of 9" and he's 27g. Growing like a weed!
IMG_6025.jpg

DragonRudy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I had just gotten Rudy out of his bath and he scampered up my arm to this spot...Hilarious!!:
IMG_6206.jpg

Then after I got him off my head and back on his hammock, I swear he wagged his tail at me! Too cute!
IMG_6207.jpg

DragonRudy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Been a while, but I have a few new pics of Rudy. Right before he shed his back he measured 12" and 103 grams! I didn't weigh and measure him the day I got him, but after he had been with us about a month, he was 7" and 27 grams....at Christmas. Now, almost two months later and he has grown 5" and 76 grams! Unreal!
2ba65322.jpg

81558914.jpg

471014d6.jpg

Also, I am probably getting a new baby tomorrow. I'm "rescuing" a baby from Petsmart. There were three yesterday, and since I don't shop on Sunday, I will have to take my chances that this little baby is still there tomorrow.
abc55153.jpg

iheartmrnn

Hatchling Member
that one has some lovely coloring! I wish I could take in another beardie, seeing the little ones in the teeny cage at the petstore. but with my gluttons I dont think I could handle it, much less have the space!

DragonRudy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I ended up getting a different one than pictured. I held them both an decided to go with the calmer one. They were both so pretty! Hubby is not extremely happy with me at the moment, but he usually gets over it quickly!
5852e9b3.jpg

Here is our new baby girl (pretty sure)! As soon as I figure out a name for her, I will start her own thread in Beardie Tales. The choices so far, are TILLY, Jade, emerald, and Midori (Japanese for Green). So, what does everyone think? All opinions will be considered. Thank you so much! She must not remain unnamed after tomorrow!

iheartmrnn

Hatchling Member
I like Jade. Call me weird but somehow that name seems....regal? Classy and royal that suits the attitudes of most beardies! haha Idk I hope you find a name for her/him soon!

Dad has already put his foot down, I can no longer bring in living animals haha. I wont be able to take in another unless I'm on my own and have a GREAT job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom