Help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaj2433

Beardie name(s)
Draco
just got in about a month ago and his head part of his foot cut off and now he's got greenish discoloration scales around the area should I be concerned

Attachments

• IMG_20240520_184725546.jpg
    IMG_20240520_184725546.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20240520_184404799.jpg
    IMG_20240520_184404799.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 13

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The swelling and what appears to be damage to some of the scales doesn't look good to me. I suggest a vet visit in order to diagnose and treat a possible infection. It's best to get those treated as early as possible to prevent further spread.

Edit: This is a duplicate post https://www.beardeddragon.org/threa...ation-on-the-scales-around-the-injury.269482/ It appears that antibiotic treatment is already underway so I would continue to monitor and be in regular contact with your vet to discuss any changes (positive or negative) and adjust treatment accordingly. This could take some time to get under control, but you're heading in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom