Help! My Beardie Escaped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aghgh!
I had my 4 year old beardie carl out today while i was cleaning his cage! And now i cant find him anywhere! He's been gone for a few hours :/ Ive torn apart my apartment looking for him with no luck! There is only one way he could have gotten out of the apartment, and that was through the porch door (which was open for a while i was cleaning his cage...DERP!) but from there, it would have been a 15 foot jump down to the bushes/ground below. Has anyone ever heard of a beardie jumping this far? I looked all around outside but cant find him anywhere! Any suggestions? The yard is pretty barren, and i've looked in all the bushes around without any luck :(

Spikey07

Juvie Member
oh no!

You could try leaving a tub of brickets in the middle of the room. And a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel. He will be attrachted to the hear and the food.

I hope you find him.

wilddanny88

Juvie Member
You could try to set up a closed container full of crickets or other insects in the living room and make a warm spot next to them with his lamp clamped onto a table or whatever. When you look outside be sure to look up in the trees because they love to climb. If yalls porch has stairs on them, chances are he went down the stairs instead of jumpin. Even if he did jump, I would think the bushes would break his fall. Don't beat yourself up too much. They usually don't stray very far from home. Just keep lookin'!

EccentricME

Hatchling Member
Setting up a basking area is a good idea. You also need to start looking in every room, high and low. Make a grid in your head and look in every spot possible in each area. Don't skip over anything. I have read treads where people were in the same situation as you and they found their dragon in the craziest spots. Sending luck your way!

foolsgold

Hatchling Member
I don't know about dragons but I had a gecko get loose (to this day I have NO CLUE how she got out!) and was missing for about a month. It was in the fall. Looked EVERYWHERE (so I thought) but couldn't find her. On trash day a month later I was going to take a rolled up rug out to the curb that had been on our back porch for forever. I just happened to flip the end of it up and POOF! THERE SHE WAS! NO IDEA how long she had been there or HOW she had gotten out there! Thank GOD I happened to open up that rug! ... The point is even if you don't find her today there is still hope. Look (from gecko experience not dragon) behind fridges and stoves, under anything that has more then a 1 1/2" floor clearance.
Good luck and I pray you find your dragon.

Lauram63110

Juvie Member
The suggested basking areas are a good idea. When Big Bertha escaped her play yard, I found her clear on the exact opposite corner of the house in a sunbeam. She went wandering after that and always headed for that room. If you have a particularly bright room in your house that gets a lot of sun, that would be my suggestion.

Mt3

Check behind the toilet. Mine runs back there when he's not crawling under the dresser.

Meggle

I hope he turns up soon! My crested gecko escaped one time, while we were moving out of our house, after we had got most everything out. We looked EVERYWHERE for him that night. Nowhere to be found. Came back the next day to grab the last of our stuff, was going to throw away an empty box of tiles, and there he was. So don't give up hope!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beardies4life
Top Bottom