HELP!! incubator temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

simca357

im new here and i dont know if i posted in the correct forum but, i am currently working on my DIY incubator for bearded today but i have a problem, temp keeps on rising even though i set the water heater to 30C? anyone? guys?

and also my room temp is 32C do i still need an incubator for this?

PeppersGirl

Juvie Member
Welcome :)
You may need to describe your incubator setup so we have an idea what could be happening, pictures may help too if you can get them.

simca357

Original Poster
PeppersGirl":36zbmre0 said:
Welcome :)
You may need to describe your incubator setup so we have an idea what could be happening, pictures may help too if you can get them.

i dont know how to post pics and hey thankyou for replying you're the first 1 lol. my DIY incu is made of styro and water heater... i dont understand why my temp is going up all the time even when the heater is off.. is it because i didnt drill more holes?

PeppersGirl

Juvie Member
What sort of water heater are you using? I know temperatures can fluctuate a great deal in homemade incubators.
The one I made to incubate dragon eggs was a modified polystyrene box with heat cord in the base and a switching thermostat, this fluctuated around 10 degrees C but hatched the eggs. To achieve a more stable temperature, it is better to have the heat source surrounding the eggs (around the walls) for a more even heat distribution.
The reason I asked for a better description is there is any number of ways to make an incubator and unless we know the whole setup, we're unlikely to get anywhere :)

There is a tutorial thread on how to post pictures here:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=167225

simca357

Original Poster
i have a gravid female, shes been 1 week and 4 days gravid. i made a DIY incubator but when i checked my room temp it was 32C do i still need an incubator?

simca357

Original Poster
Mistyck":31ea0r37 said:
Yes, you need the humidity, and the constant heat that an incubator provides.

i was going to ask this to you guys, how do i keep the incubator's temp constant if your country's temp is not constant? :((( ive been testing but every dawn temps go 35C but during the whole day its only 30C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom