Help eggs not experienced

Status
Not open for further replies.

NathanNatalie3002

Hatchling Member
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=177382

Above is my post from the other day- I have had little response.

Now... my BD is having little poos, not gone off her food completely just eating little, she had her normal big poo in the bath yesterday but today she pooed very little with urates and again later this afternoon in her lay box, is this normal when they are about to lay? I have had no luck with her laying in the sand box, so I have left it in there- towards the hot end, and also piled up some sand in the cool end corner where she keeps digging

Thanks

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there.... what she's doing is quite normal for a beardie about to lay. Of course there's no guarantee that she's carrying eggs [ and you don't always feel them ] so she could also just be going through a " I wanna dig " phase. But more likely than not, she is going to lay, so just keep putting her in the laybox. Eggbinding is not very common, but it does happen, so just watch that she doesn't start loosing weight around her tail base, or looking tired + breathing heavy, laying flat or obviously trying hard to push something out and then looking drained. In that case you would want to get to an experienced reptile vet. But just be patient, if she's gravid, she will probably lay very soon.

NathanNatalie3002

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thankyou I was a bit concerned about the poops because she only poops once every 2-3 days at most now she is older. But she is having small ones because she is not eating much and I thought maybe thi was because of her being so active. Poor girl hope she lays soon, I'm out all day tomorrow do she should get some privacy and may do it. With it being her first lay is it possible it would take longer as its new to her? She is only 1 year old. I have the moist sand box in her viv so hopefully she will lay thank you do much

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's not uncommon for them to scratch for up to a week, [ occassionally even longer, but rarely ] but they average about 2-4 days of digging in my experience. And they do wear out their nails, poor girls. Hopefully she'll lay soon....by the way,there is a sticky about this topic in the breeding forum at the top of the page if you haven't read it already. Good info in there.

NathanNatalie3002

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks I have had a little look. Yeah this is the 4-5th day now :( I will keep trying with her. I've had a look at that post before thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom