Hello to all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I'm new and my name is Erik. I'm getting a bearded dragon next Saturday and I'm so excited!! It's going to be my first beardie and I can't wait!! I have a 72 gallon for it and Large half log,2 dishes, 3 clamp lights. Is there anything else you guys recommend?

I'll post pictures of him/her when i get em!! :D :D

ChestersPet

Digital probe thermometers, at least 2, 1 in the cool side, 1 for the basking spot. Tile, non-adhesive liner, paper towel or linoleum for substrate. Healthy greens listed on this website...spray them too to keep the fresh longer and keep them in the cool section.
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html.
Daily baths, good for hydration and keeps the humidity out of the tank. A daily spritz of water. Feeder insects like dubia, crickets, pheonix/reptiworms or combinations of all. Give them some time in their tank. Good rule: 3 days to a week. Then you should take them out to see what thinking outside the tank is all about. Put in some plastic fake greenery in the habitat. A nice hide or two. Go for the tube UVB, it can cover a wider area and has little chance of causing blindness in your beardie.

I may have missed a few things...other members will chime in soon. Lastly, lots of love, careful attention and maybe a journal. The journal is a way to keep track of behaviors, likes, dislikes and funny stories you can tell us all about later!!

In closing,
Get Your Beard On!

clearlyjoyful

Hatchling Member
I definitely second the whole journal thing. I've been using the Blog function on this website to keep track. I've had my beardie, Itchy, for around 4 or 5ish years, but just recently moved him into my apartment with my boyfriend, 2 cats, 1 betta fish and I, so I'm relearning everything.

If you have any questions, don't feel hesitant to ask! :) P.S. We LOVE pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom