hello.. new to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrammy

Hatchling Member
Hi everyone,

Been lurking for a few mos now, figured I should introduce myself since. I had my first beardie, Lucy, for about 8 mos. I knew nothing about them but got one for my bf as a Surprise back in august. We tried so hard to take good care of her, but our only source of info was the pet store. In fact We kept going back to 4 different ones. We nursed her back to health after she almost died from MBD because We had the wrong uvb bulb.. then after We were told multiple times calcium sand was good..she got a huge impaction. The vet said We could try to help her pass it but it likely wouldn't end well. We chose to put her down rather than make her suffer once again because of our mistakes. I was never a reptile person...but I cried.. We both really miss her!!

After she died is when I started researching to find out how to do it right. That's how I found this forum...thankfully!!

Fastforward.. now I'm "an expecting momma" again...Heehee. I have pre- ordered a 100% citrus baby who has not even hatched yet. I'm so excited! Still researching to make sure We get it right this time!

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
Welcome! Hope it works out better this time for you. I learned real quick when I got my dragon research is the key to keeping a reptile.
~ Tommie

Flynnthedragon

Hatchling Member
Welcome! Sorry to hear about your old one. Pet stores should never give out info, they are just stupid :p Some beardies do great on sand but i would never have it. This place is full of info and helpful people so hopefully that will never happen again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beardies4life
Top Bottom