Hello all! New beardy owner here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
260543_4830990263671_690922806_n.jpg

We just got this lovely guy/girl on the 7th and I do not regret it in the slightest. He has a beautiful personality and LOVES to eat those crickets and calci-worms.
If anyone has advice for a new owner please feel free to share. He's about 13 weeks old and 8 1/2 inches long. and a ferocious eater. :lol:

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome!

Best advice is to spend some time reading around on this site. There is lots of knowledge here.

-Brandon

Anestatic

Welcome to the Forum! I like your dragon. :p
If you haven't decided on a name yet because you don't know the sex I might have some pointers in determining the sex.
Look right below the tail area and hind legs on the bottom side, by his/her behind. If there are two large noticeable balls/bulges (Hemipenes) on the sides its a male. If there is one predominate ball/bulge in the middle than it is a female. You might have to feel with your fingers but you will feel something there.

One important thing to be checking on often is the temps. They should very so that one spot is for basking and another quite cooler. I believe but not positive, 75-80 degress on cool side and 95-110 for the basking area. Anyone with more accurate knowledge feel free to correct me. I personally use a digital thermometer to check temps in my tanks.

jacody

Sub-Adult Member
Try lindasgonebuggie.com.. they offer a lot of options for beardies that are your size and are nice t deal with.. have fun with your baby..

RukiTabuki

Original Poster
Anestatic":1r4b5lk0 said:
Welcome to the Forum! I like your dragon. :p
If you haven't decided on a name yet because you don't know the sex I might have some pointers in determining the sex.
Look right below the tail area and hind legs on the bottom side, by his/her behind. If there are two large noticeable balls/bulges (Hemipenes) on the sides its a male. If there is one predominate ball/bulge in the middle than it is a female. You might have to feel with your fingers but you will feel something there.

One important thing to be checking on often is the temps. They should very so that one spot is for basking and another quite cooler. I believe but not positive, 75-80 degress on cool side and 95-110 for the basking area. Anyone with more accurate knowledge feel free to correct me. I personally use a digital thermometer to check temps in my tanks.

I tried what you said when we had him out eat calciworms the other day and as far as I can tell we have a boy :D

Anestatic

Awesome news !!! Glad you tried it out and worked :) We just started getting some goliath and phoenix worms from an online site that aucutions off large quanties to the highest bidder its called CNS feeders look them up on FB and also there is a cool page I found called Show Us Your Reptiles you should check out too :)

Anestatic

Awesome news !!! Glad you tried it out and worked :) We just started getting some goliath and phoenix worms from an online site that aucutions off large quanties to the highest bidder its called CNS feeders look them up on FB and also there is a cool page I found called Show Us Your Reptiles you should check out too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom