Hello (Again) Stumpy and Gimpy with Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

ynevar

Juvie Member
Just saying hello (again) with pics this time.

I have two baby beardies that I got from the pet store for free because they arrived missing limbs. The pet store helped me get set up and I brought them home. I think that they had coccidia since before I brought them home as they had barely grown. After a while I began to get more concerned and to make a long story short, took them to the vet found out they had coccidia and have been battling it for the past week. They had been eating heartily the whole time prior to their vet visit. I did make a post in Dealing with Infectious Diseases about this.

But, they are eating well, especially after I got them the Acidopholiz and JumpStart!

Here are some pictures of the very small buggers who are starting to grow!!!!! I am so happy that they are starting to shed, which to me means they are growing. I had just fed them their Acidopholiz.

Gimpy-He is missing most of his left foot.

Gimpy by ynevar, on Flickr

Stumpy-He is missing almost all of his right front arm.

Stumpy by ynevar, on Flickr

I am very thankful for these little guys, they have captured my heart and I can't wait for them to be in full good health.

The next thing to tackle is going to be new enclosures for them. They are in 20's now but I can't wait for them to be bigger and in bigger custom vivs!

So in love!

They're gorgeous! That picture of him sleeping straight on the glass melted my heart, so cute. I'm sure these two are gonna be very happy lizards :D

I'm curious as to what setup you're keeping them in, purely because pet shops seem to give out a lot of misinformation. How much reading have you done on this site about general care? I just know that I was doing a few things wrong because of what I was told by so-called reptile experts. I'm also a morbidly curious person by nature :)

ynevar

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Were you wondering based on the tank on the left in the picture? I have actually done quite a bit of reading. His set up looks pretty bare right now due to the coddidia issue.

Thanks! My husband snapped that picture for me and it sure is a cute one. It melted my heart too.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Marcy,

Very cute pictures! I know that they will grow fast now once they are rid of that coccidia!
Keep up the great work. :D

Tracie

ynevar":t0058y7o said:
Were you wondering based on the tank on the left in the picture? I have actually done quite a bit of reading. His set up looks pretty bare right now due to the coddidia issue.

Thanks! My husband snapped that picture for me and it sure is a cute one. It melted my heart too.

No, not based on the photo :) I could see the paper towel so that all looked fine. I was only curious about his lights and feeding and that sort of thing, because a lot of misinformation is given out about their care. If you've done some reading on the forums, you're probably set :lol:

ynevar

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I have read a ton of stuff here on the forum, including all the care sheets and more. Changed from the sand that the pet store told me to use to slate tile (now using paper towel with the coccidia) and originally had the coil UVB, but changed to the Reptisun 10.0 (which are about 10 inches away from their basking spots)... I have learned a lot!

The tank on the left is my African Cichlid tank and I was wondering if you thought i had gravel in there with one of them! LOL

Well, you certainly don't need any help! I too had a coil UVB but was able to change it before I used it (thank goodness)

I saw the paper towel, so I figured you were doing just fine with substrate :)

ynevar

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I appreciate the concern though. It is truly amazing what you are NOT told when you first get these guys in the store.

Stumpy and Gimpy loved Phoenix worms today and I figured I would try to do their medicine from the syringe since I was out of silkworms, which I normally coat in the medicine. Well... Stumpy sort of took it.... but Gimpy apparently LOVES Albon. What a goof!!! He bit on the syringe and I was cracking up. Love... LOVE...

The guys have stolen my heart.

Yeah, most places seem to hand them off without a word! And the ones that do offer advice tell you all the wrong things :angry5: No wonder so many beardies get neglected.

Haha, better that they love the meds than hate them, eh?

ynevar

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Stumpy and Gimpy are doing well. After I gave Stumpy his bath today he went right to the corner of his tank and did this...

Stumpy Relaxes by ynevar, on Flickr

I had to snap a picture. He is going through a full shed and his little head looks so funny...

Great little critters. Make my day.

Momswims1

Juvie Member
Those are the cutest two dragons! I love the one of Stumpy standing with his tummy on the glass. They are so beautiful! What adorable little faces. Congrats on getting those two. I hope they live long and happy spoiled rotten little lives!
Keep the pics coming. They are awesome. Made me smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom