Heating a Dubia Colony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amoore311

I'm getting my Dubia Roaches in tomorrow. I'm still at odds as to how I'm going to heat these suckers.

I'm wanting to keep them in the closet, I have a medium sized clear plastic sterilite bin for them. I'm a little at odds with using a reptile heat pad directly on the plastic, and I'm not sure if I trust a human heating pad on 24/7. Especially back in the closet.

Would I be able to use a standard light bulb and reflector to keep them warm? I know they hate light, but was hoping I could use a red bulb or something along those lines.

Thanks for the help.

reptilianboy831

Hatchling Member
what i use is 2 human heating pads, just make sure there not the 2 hour shut off ones. They work great for the 50 gallon rubbermaid bin my roaches are in.

hartungs

Hatchling Member
I use an under tank heater and it works just fine. I ended up having to tape it on the bottom. If you put it in the closet, don't put it on carpet. Be sure it is on a shelf or something like that. As far as the bulbs go, I think they do better in total darkness. I know they don't like light and tend to hide when it comes on.

i'm about to order some roaches and was thinking of using a heat lamp i used for baby chickens (used to raise some). itdont put out light. all you do is set the temp range. it comes on when temp gets to low and back off when top temp is reached. will that work?

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
I have found I get better breeding putting heat underneath the bins. I have my bins sitting on 2x3 boards and the heating pad in under the bin but not touching directly. The pad is sitting on concrete and I get temps in the 90's no problem

Theroachguy

Juvie Member
If your putting it in the closet and on the floor like the above poster stated not on the carpet. You can go and get a 12x12 ceramic tile at Lowes and place it in the floor then place the tub on top of that. The tub will be fine if it is directly touches the pad.

Theroachguy":e5026 said:
If your putting it in the closet and on the floor like the above poster stated not on the carpet. You can go and get a 12x12 ceramic tile at Lowes and place it in the floor then place the tub on top of that. The tub will be fine if it is directly touches the pad.

They are going to be in the garage. Will that be ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom