GOT BLUE TEGU EGGS!!!!! *UPDATE 10/26!!!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there any way i can put one on hold now? or at least be on the old waiting list? (lol) where are you located? i live in los angeles, ca. do you take paypal? if i read correctly earlier posts they are all due the week before halloween, and will be ready to be shipped 3 weeks after that? what are the genetics of the babies? i'm sorry if this is bombardment but im just really excited to have finally found a blue tegu breeder that i can actually have a conversation with
-jennifer

DaveDragon

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
rhiannon217":44fdd said:
is there any way i can put one on hold now? or at least be on the old waiting list? (lol) where are you located? i live in los angeles, ca. do you take paypal? if i read correctly earlier posts they are all due the week before halloween, and will be ready to be shipped 3 weeks after that? what are the genetics of the babies? i'm sorry if this is bombardment but im just really excited to have finally found a blue tegu breeder that i can actually have a conversation with
-jennifer
This is my first time breeding anything but I've got a great adviser and because of him things are going well.

There isn't any waiting list. I'm going to wait until they hatch to know exactly what I've got. I wish there were more eggs, I know there won't be enough, I've gotten at least 6 inquires by PM so far and I know a few people locally that want one. Payments will be by PayPal only. I am in Connecticut. I plan on shipping USPS Priority overnight with the Hold at Post Office option. Varnyard shipped that way this year (over 600 hatchlings!) without a problem. You are correct with the estimated dates, I with it was sooner. I don't know the full history of the parents but they have all the markers of the Blues. The father is a powder blue and the mother has a slight tint, it is very hard to photgraph. If the hatchlings come out without the green tint on their heads, they're Blues. Black & Whites always have green heads.

Here the father.
100_5255_.jpg

He rubbed his nose raw for a few weeks when we first got him. But you can see his color better (but not completely accurate) in this pic.
100_5011_.jpg

Here's female full of eggs.
IMG_0966_.jpg

A few months ago.
IMG_0072_.jpg

She likes to smile!
IMG_0102_.jpg

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
I love that last pic too,she is so cute!!! :D and of course daddy is handsome.They are gonna be some beautiful babies :blob5:

DaveDragon

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
puppytoes72":cd0ce said:
I love that last pic too,she is so cute!!! :D and of course daddy is handsome.They are gonna be some beautiful babies :blob5:
I wish they would hurry up!!!!!

Wow they are both gorgeous! Well, hopefully there are enough babies to go around. in the meantime I'm goping to save up money for one. Can the babies be probed or sexed in any way before they are sold to people? I'd be happy with a female, but I'd just love a blue tegu period, lol.
-Jen

DaveDragon

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
rhiannon217":6776f said:
Wow they are both gorgeous! Well, hopefully there are enough babies to go around. in the meantime I'm goping to save up money for one. Can the babies be probed or sexed in any way before they are sold to people? I'd be happy with a female, but I'd just love a blue tegu period, lol.
-Jen
Thanks!! I though about charging extra for a sexed one but maybe I'll investigating having our herp vet (1 hour away probe them all, if he's comfortable with that. It's very dangerous to probe a squirming lizard, there's too great a chance of damaging them. I've gotta do that soon!

I've heard that babies can be sexed with a blood test. I'm not sure how they would get the blood but if thats safer maybe you could do that
Jen

DaveDragon

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
DaveDragon":1d37a said:
rhiannon217":1d37a said:
-Jen
Thanks!! I though about charging extra for a sexed one but maybe I'll investigating having our herp vet (1 hour away probe them all, if he's comfortable with that. It's very dangerous to probe a squirming lizard, there's too great a chance of damaging them. I've gotta do that soon!
I left a message for the Vet. He won't be in until Monday.

DaveDragon

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Fonzibear":949ef said:
I love those pics, just curious what are the dimensions for there enclosure?
The adult Tegu enclosures are 7ft x 3ft x 3ft with about 5-6" of mulch & about 18" of usable vertical space, lights are above.

http://tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=345 This is what they looked like about a year ago. I've since added lexan on the inside to hold in humidity and put all the front & back panels on.

I may not be able to coem up with the money for this clutch. Will you be breeding again in the future? Do you know any other breeders of blues that I could get in contact with? I do wish your clutch the best of luck.
-Jen

DaveDragon

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
rhiannon217":f09a2 said:
I may not be able to coem up with the money for this clutch. Will you be breeding again in the future? Do you know any other breeders of blues that I could get in contact with? I do wish your clutch the best of luck.
-Jen
We're going to try again next year for sure! As long as they're willing. From what I've heard it is rare to have fertile Blue Tegu eggs, and there are very few people are breeding them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mei mei
Top Bottom