Got a new Viv! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so here is an update. "Puck" has been renamed Stanley, and I (Kady) am buying him from my younger brother. So once we decided I could take over, I began looking on craigslist for a Crossfire style viv. I have been wanting to convert an old dresser into a viv, or make a Crossfire for a while, but I knew how expensive materials would be. But then, I found an ad for a Crossfire on craigslist for sale about an hour away from my house! I got the price down to $100, so my dad and I took his truck to pick it up. It was exactly what I wanted! Solid wood, great craftsmanship, in great shape. When I handed the woman my money, she shook her head and said, "keep it. I wasn't planning on accepting money for this, I wanted to give it away for free all along."

:shock:
:blob5:

My mouth dropped. Here is this stranger, basically handing over this beautiful Vivarium over to me, FOR FREE. There is hope for humanity! I've got three jobs this summer so I can afford college this coming fall, and I threw a garage sale that morning to raise enough money to buy the vivarium. She doesn't know how much of a blessing that was.

Once I got home, I stained the interior of the viv and sealed it, and then installed slate tile flooring. After 48 hours of airing out, Stanley is all moved in, and loving it!

556475_4317871470681_459222078_n.jpg

547908_4371613574200_873618542_n.jpg

Puckthemagicdragon

Original Poster
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the Viv came with a 37" Reptisun 10.0 bulb that works like new :) Guess I wont be needing my old 24" Reptisun!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Puckthemagicdragon":1b5005p2 said:
My mouth dropped. Here is this stranger, basically handing over this beautiful Vivarium over to me, FOR FREE. There is hope for humanity!
That's awsome! So happy for you! Lucky little Stanley! :D

SpitFyre

Sub-Adult Member
:shock: Oh. My. Gosh.

FAITH IN HUMANITY RESTORED!!!! :D That's incredible that she was giving it away FOR FREE!

Plus, now you have a hundred dollars to spend on something else!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom