Ginger Root?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange question, but does anyone know if ginger root is okay to feed a bearded dragon?

I ask because I've noticed my bearded dragon loves eating my juicer pulp, and I recently started throwing ginger root into my green juices. I don't want to accidentally poison him...

I mean, it's good for us. Any thoughts?

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
I'd find the list of the poisonous plants for Beardies and reference from that. Just because it's good for us(like dark chocolate is good for us, but poisonous for dogs and cats), doesn't mean it'll be good for him.

jiveturkey40

Original Poster
I've looked at several different lists of beardie food, and none of them list ginger root at all. Hence why I'm posting here...

Do you have a list that mentions ginger root that you can share? Unless you just posted to point out that our physiology is different than beardies... I know that's obvious already.

Also, this should have been posted under Feeding not Feeders. Woops!

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Hm, I can't find Ginger(or any relatives of the Ginger Root plant) anywhere on the list. I did find someone that uses a live ginger plant in their Chameleon Viv however, but the leaves may be safe over the root. My suggestion would be to call up your herp vet then. See if they know or can find out. Some of the(many of the) lists are pretty out dated, I find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete5775
Top Bottom