Getting Beardie To Drink Water From Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
i havent the slightest! ha. but i can recommend something else -
warm water soaks :mrgreen: the best

alot of beardies just will not drink from a standing water bowl. some people get the bowels that shake or vibrate to show movement, but more than likely, they wont do it. and alot of people dont want to keep a water bowl in the viv for humidity and sanitary reasons. i dont keep a water bowl in either of my beardies viv's.
warm water soaks are the best way to keep your beardie hydrated :)
they absorb moisture from there vents, and alot will part their mouths ever so sightly so that any water you drip on their nose they can swallow. you may see them "swallowing" in the sink.
they will also get moisture from feeders and greens, but good soaks are a great way to go.
~Em

Jlashley0723

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks I've been do that since I had my boy. I tried having water dripping in the bowl and all he did was sit in it lol
3abb7ddc.jpg

JCuratola

Hatchling Member
What I do is stick my boy right on top of the bowl and splash the water around then he will drink it. He never does this by himself I have to place him there but it's a start.

In the wild bearded dragons drink from moving water more than standing water, such as a bowl in their tank. I've removed Stanley's bowl completely and instead, bathe him regularly for hydration. Some people were successful in getting their beardies to lick water droplets from their fingers, but I could never get Stanley interested.

I've had echo for about a year and i just got him to drink water for me. I had put him in the bath and used the brustle from the toothbrush to play with the water and he began to drink right away.I also brush the water on his snout and he'll begin to lick the water and then he'll drink from the tub too! Right after that i had taken him out of the tub and then placed him on the floor and brought his water bowl. i did the same thing with the water bowl and he now drinks from the bowl. I was so excited lol!

Maxwellsmomma1989

Hatchling Member
my max has always drank from his water bowl so i leave mine in there but he dont do it all the time so i give him baths every other day to keep him hydrated. when max usually drinks from the dish he gets a littl crazy and sticks his head too far in and gets water in his nose and gets all mad its really funny! :lol:

LadyMeridius

Hatchling Member
I have a large bowl that Fluffy drinks from. She will take a drink, then splash in it, then poop. Then she waits for me to come home and clean it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom