Getting a puppy, any suggestions ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do i introduce new puppy to my BD? Can my puppy play with Puffer and not hurt him? How do i teach my new puppy to stay away from tank???
Getting a Boxer puppy in 3 weeks... she will be 8 weeks old.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
puffersfamily":a1d70 said:
How do i introduce new puppy to my BD? Can my puppy play with Puffer and not hurt him? How do i teach my new puppy to stay away from tank???
Getting a Boxer puppy in 3 weeks... she will be 8 weeks old.
Hello
Congrats on the new puppy.I would be careful with them together as Boxers especially are full if energy and he may accidentally injure him.You can introduce them by letting the puppy smell him while the beardie is in your hands or on your lap but I dont know that I would initially let them romp around the floor together.Just go slow and always watch them if you do ever allow them to free roam together.Good Luck.

TheRedDragonAkaRed

Hatchling Member
well i had my dog before my 2 dragons and i 2 dogs also.....Twiggy (pure chocolate lab)(almost 2 years old) and Hannah (carin tarrier)(old)
hannah got a few sniff and that was ikt because i dont have much trust since hannahs breed is to catch and kill small animals.....she seemed wayyyyyy to excited.....but twiggy (who i live with all last year on my own going to school) i can trust with my life and anything got to snuggle and play with both my dragons and posed for a few pics (not on this com puter) ......

ok first she was allowed a sniff and she got very interested and i was speaking with her saying nice nice......and she wasnt opening her mouth a little lick thats it.....(side note she is a puppy ).....so she got very excited wagging her whole back end....

i did this a lot like proble daily for a couple weeks....then late at night while twiggy was sleeping i sat beside her and placed red (my first dragon) right on top of her.....she wke of course and basically sniffed and was like why is this thing on me....i just sat with them keeping her calm and it worked out fine.

now i need you to know this is the sweetest chocolate lab ive ever seen i would say she wouldnt touch a fly....but she love to catch flys....but the trust between me and her is huge....she follows me everywhere freeks when i leave and loves everyone but woukd never choose someone over me....she dosnt lisen well with command but knows whats is be told while in convesation such as if i show her my "Friend" she knows this is my friend and is not to be eaten...it needs to be loved.....i think she senses the love i show for her and sees i love my dragon and knows....

with a puppy boxer (ive always wanted one) i dont think i could be as trusting at first i think as fare as i would go is sniffs.....no snuggles.......depending on he personality at age 2-4...maybe snuggles but that is going to be at your discression....

thingss to look for....if your outside and you boxer see's a toad or any live anima,l on the ground....have a close look at how he reacts.....does he get scared (jumpps up).does he bite.....does he play rough...does he run away....what twiggy would do is sniff and be a little nervous of it....when it jumps she would not jump away but deffinatly flinch and be nervous.....and probly follow it for a bit then probly go onto somthing else like a STICK>>>>>>or huge treee...lol (she likes draging fallen trees around)

BUT!!!!!!! I CANNOT STREESS THIS ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its your desision and the price is HUGE!!!!!! if somthing happens and trust me...it can happen......it will be your fault and you cannot punish your puppy because its 100% your fault.....all it take it a little prick from the side of your dragons face to the dogs noise and he may
snap....it will be over.....Twiggy flinches when she touches the pricklies...

good luck its a lot of fun having them together....both my cats snuggles with the dragons and one of my 2 dogs..

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I do not even let my jack russell (Jackie) in the room Lilly's viv is in unless I am right there to watch her. There is no way she could get to the viv, but Jackie stresses Lilly out. Jackie is almost two (I think- she was a stray so I don't know for sure) and still chews on me a lot so there is no way that I would trust her with Lilly. I have a golden retriever too, and I do trust her more, but I still wouldn't let them have direct contact. I honestly don't know if I ever will.
Sara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom