free dubias

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawnki

Juvie Member
My colony is getting a bit large and I could cut the size down a bit-----I am willing to give so many away to those interested in paying postage. I still need to get a hold of some deli cups and find out how much mailing would cost. I have photos of my colony if interested.

After this giveaway---I'm going to sell off extra when the colony gets large again. I have LOTS AND LOTS of babies.

Right now I'm using the dubia to feed my beardie----and 4 tarantulas. The colony is a mix I got from Aaron Pauling-----about 8 mo ago. Very healthy and happy bunch.

I also have Hissers ---all sizes but would be willing to give some adults away. They are the COOLEST roaches to watch and handle. My colony is growing.

cheers!

dawnell

dawnki

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ok----I've had plenty of folks interested------no more available at this time-------thank you~ :D

clear

Sub-Adult Member
For shipping what you can do is order boxes from usps and double box them, get the small boxes to put them in and the large boxes to ship in. You can also print your labels online and its $9.85 or something like that for priority.

dawnki

Juvie Member
Original Poster
clear":1ad0e said:
For shipping what you can do is order boxes from usps and double box them, get the small boxes to put them in and the large boxes to ship in. You can also print your labels online and its $9.85 or something like that for priority.

Thank you~ :)

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
Darn! I wish I had seen this earlier :(

I was just asking about this! lol!!!

VERY kind of you to give them away like that!

HUGS

Sandi

diggerdrake

Juvie Member
a great deal. I am looking forward to adding more dubia from a different bloodline. And getting some more hissers too. what a bonus. I love my hissers. got 2 adults and they just had little ones. they are a great and interesting roach for a pet. Thanks again Dawnell

dawnki

Juvie Member
Original Poster
yay~

Glad to help! I'm heading to the post office now to ship everyone out. woo-hoo--

I am sending you some nice hissers! :blob5: :blob5:

cheers!

dawnell

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
Ewwww do they really hiss? LOL!!!!! And I have trouble with them CRAWLING!!!! :puke: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

HUGS!!!!!!

Sandi

dawnki

Juvie Member
Original Poster
aw...hissers are very cool. they are soooo docile and easy to handle. extraordinary, really. they do hiss by forcing air out of tiny holes lining the sides of their abdomen----where their lungs are located. It's interesting to hear-------their color is also very beautiful.

yeh, i'm a total buggy nerd. ;)

diggerdrake

Juvie Member
it took near 2 months before my current hissers actually hissed. we handle them frequently. they are beautiful and very cool. I just lost my adult male so I am looking forward to having a step dad for the babies we have now. was funny checking on them we found 30 about the size of a cheerio. moved them up into a 20 gallon tote instead of the 10 gallon tank we had them in.

dawnki

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Here's a photo of Ozzie and Harriet-----my very first hissers~

n1144428123_30342330_8057.jpg

:mrgreen:

not the best photo but ya get the picture----- :wink:

dawnki

Juvie Member
Original Poster
they are very tame------the nymphs move a little quickly but the adults are slow and ~mellow~

you do know that they are exceptional climbers? glass, plastic ---anything. I keep mine in a 15 gallon long tank with a secure sliding screened top. Works great.

Hissers go through molts as well and are stunning when freshly molted----pure white except for lil black eye. I want to get some nice photos like real bad. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livsxx
Top Bottom