Fred is MIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I've read many posts about missing dragons. Answered a few, as well. Every possible place he could be has been checked three times, even upstairs, as he was eyeing the stairs from down below. I was listening to his little nails on the floor as I was on the phone. When I got off the phone, he had disappeared. I've looked up and down, inside things and under them.

I know I should be calm. I know he will probably show up. I have a ton of things to do, but all I can manage is sitting quietly and listening for him. I don't want to leave the house. He cannot have gotten out of the house. He is not coming when I call; not that he really does that anyway.

My concern is that he is well-fed, just made a pooper, and might decide to brumate somewhere, like his brother is doing already in his cave.

So here I sit.

Aaarrrggggghhhh!!!!!!

PeppersGirl

Juvie Member
He hasn't climbed anything crazy? I once found my full grown male hanging halfway up a curtain tucked in the folds, and I know he can still get up bricks.

He's most likely curled up and blended in somewhere you've already checked :wink:

Good luck!

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thank you! Fred has been found. I had to wait for my dear neighbor to come home to turn the couch over, and there was Fred. Right on top of the heater/air cond. vent, which I have closed, but he was as cold as ice. He's had a bath, now some snuggles, then right under his lamp. Thanks for caring.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thank you! He had been gone at least an hour before I posted. Little stinker. I'll have to watch for a respiratory infection. I hate to think about his condition had he been on the a/c vent much longer.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Final update: Fred seems to have suffered no ill effects from his foray under the couch. Thanks to all of you for your concern and support. :D

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Oh wow, Esther!!! Thank goodness you have him back. Why do they out us through this?!

I'm so happy you have him back, fresh little guy! ;)

So glad to hear Fred is ok! What a frightening feeling to think your baby has wondered off somewhere and might be in danger. My bf "lost" tyrion one night while I was at work. He text me on my way home, and when I got home we went searching everywhere with flashlights. He was still little, maybe 3 months old, so i was afraid he had climbed inside something dangerous and we would never find him. All of sudden I happened to turn around and spotted the red little punk, chilling in the LAUNDRY BASKET! He had fallen off the arm of the couch into the basket of folded laundry that was right there, and tucked himself in and was sleeping! It's funny now, but we were freaking out at the time. Soooo, always check the laundry pile when your critter has disappeared ;)

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Glad to hear Fred is fine. :D You had asked me if Angie had an ill-effects when she was missing 9 hrs before we found her ice cold. She made sure to stay in our sight for 4 days or so, would walk very cautiously and then stop a few inches from us and turn around to look at us like she was saying "you see me, right? I'm right here." I think being unable (or didn't know how) to get out from behind the shelving unit, really scared her, we could hear her scratching but she didn't realize that she had to go toward the back where it was opened up, the same way she had gone in. She didn't get a URI, was totally back to her rambunctious self in a few days. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom