food stuck in throat

Beardie name(s)
LJ
my bearded dragon appears to have salad stuck in his throat. it’s stiff and he’s gulping to try to get it down. he won’t let me open his mouth to pull it out. he’s breathing okay. but i have to leave for work and im panicking he should not be alone right now. is it possible he is storing? this would be weird to be since he didn’t eat yesterday.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
my bearded dragon appears to have salad stuck in his throat. it’s stiff and he’s gulping to try to get it down. he won’t let me open his mouth to pull it out. he’s breathing okay. but i have to leave for work and im panicking he should not be alone right now. is it possible he is storing? this would be weird to be since he didn’t eat yesterday.
Maybe try offering water with a eyedropper to wash it down maybe?
Is he a Dunner? They are know for doing that.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If he was storing it his beard would be puffed out - Can Bearded Dragons Store Food in Their Beard? - Reptile Jam
It would look like he has something in it

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

A lot of them tend to hold some food or fluids in their beards but should clear it out relatively soon.
Are you chopping up the greens/veggies in small
pieces for him?

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemommma
Top Bottom