First time with Reptiworms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so excited, I just got in my first order of reptiworms for Ozzy! I cant wait to feed them to him! He already had his morning meal of crickets and a salad so hes going to have to wait till later but i have a few questions to be answered.

Should i still "shake and bake" the worms as i would the crickets?? I always do his first meal of the day, but i know the repti's are pretty high is calcium already. Also, should i throw some food in the repti container so they live the 2-3 weeks like it says. I do not yet have a wine cooler, but i may keep them in the basement for now, but i only ordered 500, he will probably eat them all in no time.

Thanks guys
Chriss and Ozzy!

prone2

No need to "shake and bake" them and you do not need to feed them, they are good to go "as is". Just take them out of container and feed them to him, he will probable love them. Good luck and enjoy.

SRT12141992

Hatchling Member
I ordered the 500 pack as well I keep them in my garage and I've had em for a few weeks now. The garage keeps the worms really cold but alive give them a couple minutes to sit in room temperature before you feed them so they can start wiggling, once they warm up they wiggle like crazy! They will last months in your garage or wine cooler, and DONT feed them they will create waste which creates bacteria. My dude eats about 10-15 a day he seems to like them more then crickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom