First Hatchlings! A question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

Our first clutch of eggs is starting to hatch! It's really exciting, but all very new, as this is our first clutch. I checked the eggs when I got home from work, and much to my surprise, was missing a dragon! I saw a collapsed egg with no dragon next to it. I looked a little harder, and it turns out the little guy had made his way all of the way out of the egg and managed to halfway bury himself in the vermiculite.

Is that normal behavior for a hatchling? He started coming out of the egg late last night, and we saw his little nose this morning. From what my research and other breeders have told me, it's a good idea to leave the hatchlings in the incubator for at least 24-48 hours. I just want to make sure that he's ok.

Here's a picture:
imag0395j.jpg

Thanks!

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
Oh don't worry, he is fine. One time I had a whole clutch hatch over night and when I counted the eggs and babies, one baby seemed to be missing. I carefully dug around in the vermiculite and I found the last baby who had aparently buried itself. The reason people leave the babies in the incubator for a couple days is because the babies want to hide and sleep a lot during that time. I put hatchlings in a small bin with a towel on the bottom and a place to hide, then put the bin on top of my baby racks to stay warm. When they start running around, I put them under a light and start offering live food. Most importantly, I offer water from a dropper every day, two or three times per day to keep them hydrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom