femoral pores

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberC

Hatchling Member
Hey all,

Quick question, Sasha is a year and a half now and I've noticed lately that his femoral pores are secreting that waxy stuff, my question is, should I be trying to clean them up/unblock them and if so how do I go about doing it? He doesn't seem to mind when I touch them but he get's unimpressed when I try to massage them in the bath

Thanks all!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Amber...usually a warm soak will soften them, and you can gently scrub with a rag, or even use tweezers if they get long.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's probably somewhat irritating, if he doesn't seem bothered by it, you can leave off the tweezing. Once in a while they will really bother a dragon to the point where they might not eat and seem sluggish. That's probably the only time you might try tweezing, first start with a long warm soak [ adding warm water if it starts cooling] and trying to remove with tweezers. Other than that, just try rubbing gently with a wash cloth, possibly even a toothbrush and add a nice hard basking rock to his tank so he can naturally rub the pores and keep it from building up. Just adding the rock may do the trick itself.

AmberC

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hmmm. He has a rock and I do scrub with a tooth brush. Guess they aren't really that bad yet. Thank you! I was worried he was bothered now I know the signs to look for and a 'worst case scenario' treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom