Females and males.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RachhFloynter

Hatchling Member
Hi, I have 2 beardies in the same enclosure I know I shouldn't have them but one is my boyfriends and at the moment we can't afford to have 2 separate tanks..
For a few weeks now Nelson who I think is close to a year old now has been biting/ trying to bite the other on the tail when the other glass dances. Making the beard black and puffing out.
I thought they were both boys, but looking at them today I have a feeling that Rachkie(1 yr, 8months) could be a girl as they seem to look different in their private areas. I have no idea what to do and I haven't seen them mate but that doesn't mean Rachkie might not be pregnant If it is a girl, I don't know what to do or look for to be honest. I'm hoping she isn't pregnant..

Would it be best to separate my tank up making sure they both get the heat and UVB they need ?

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
Would it be best to separate my tank up making sure they both get the heat and UVB they need ?

Absolutely!
I thought they were both boys, but looking at them today I have a feeling that Rachkie(1 yr, 8months) could be a girl as they seem to look different in their private areas.

Even if you are unable to provide a fancy set up now you should separate them. They can really harm one another if they are female/male. The male can mate her until death. If they were the two males as you thought they are getting older and could be getting very territorial. They will fight until they get their own space. Meanwhile you could have tailnips, or biting to death.

I have no idea what to do and I haven't seen them mate but that doesn't mean Rachkie might not be pregnant If it is a girl, I don't know what to do or look for to be honest

Don't feel bad many people are unaware of this until they get on this site. As for what to do??? :study: :study: :study: This site will help you. I would study the part of cohabitation first. I say this not to scare you but to make you aware. Also ask questions. People are more than happy to answer.

Here's the video
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=154908

RachhFloynter

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thankyou for your help. im worried as my boyfriend and I live separately and where he lives he isn't aloud pets.
im not sure on how long I could keep nelson at my place before matters get worse. he was brought as a Christmas present a year ago as my cousin had 2 beardies in the same tank and they were fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom