Fellow new beardie owners: Let's thank the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyhawk42

Hatchling Member
My name is Laura and I've owned Grover for about a month now. I got him from PetSmart who gave me a lot of bad advice. Thank you for helping me straighten things out. I'm not finished with the "straightening things out" part yet, but without your help, I would have relied on the advice of PetSmart, which would have been a very bad thing.

Because you guys are so awesome, expect more questions to come your way. :)

Thank you beardeddragon.org! Grover thanks you, too. Before I found you, I was fixing to switch over from crickets to mealworms because I hated the crickets so much. By now Grover might have died from an impaction. Now I'm trying him on dubia and phoenix worms.

THANKS!!!

On edit: Whoops. I need to check out categories more thoroughly before posting. My bad.

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
Back when I first got mine I would have sure killed him if it was not for some of the folks on here.

Ladyhawk42

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
tgolden":ver2uunc said:
Back when I first got mine I would have sure killed him if it was not for some of the folks on here.

Exactly. I'm still constantly worried about the little guy, but he's lived longer than he would have already. In most (all?) species, babies are fragile. I finally have the right heat and right UV (Reptisun 10.0), so his appetite should improve.

I want to re-write the lyrics to the Little Shop of Horrors song "Grow for Me" (AKA "Grover Me :wink:) so I can start singing it to him. Heck, maybe I'll include you guys in the re-write and upload an mp3 if you dare listen to it.

Much love,

Laura

Nattyklis

Hatchling Member
omg i completely agree. if it werent for everyone on here i probably would have killed kasai by accident. i've had kasai for 2 and a half months and is doing great now that i have alot of things figured out right. the pet store employs arn't there to make your life easy, their there to make the sale and in my city they are rude, mean and completely wrong. i bought Kasai in a different province and i got lucky, the lady knew alot and was helpful. i don't even go into pet stores anymore unless its a toy for my dog.

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
I agree too. When I first got mine I had EVERYTHING wrong. Not one thing was right!! I am so thankful for this site and everyone here. :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I've been on this site since 2006 & can't tell you how much everyone here has helped me keep my dragons in good health. I agree with you completely, Laura, if not for this site I wouldn't have 5 healthy adult males. I just love this site, you'll find all your answers here, for sure. Glad to hear that Grover & other dragons are all doing well! :D :D

TJeno

Sure, I'll add to the masses. I got Bane/Leyla (not sure if it's a boy or girl yet! :lol: ) a week ago, at first I was feeding him mealworms, and I had o idea how bad the compact UVBs can be for a beardie. Thanks to the forum, I know what kind of lighting I need, and not to feed him mealworms anymore - I've already cleared a huge impaction. Just wanted to thank everybody for the help you've given and anybody for future advice! :)

Definitely. The things I have read on here were invaluable. Thanks to all the people who have been offering advice, I'm so glad I found this site because I would've had a beardie in a tank with sand an a coil bulb if I didn't :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom