feeding beardie turkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

closertofalling

How old do beardies have to be before they can be fed turkey? i looked in the caresheet list of things to feed, but i didnt see turkey listed at all.

i just recently got one (the people i bought him from say hes between 2-4 months old, but they don't have an exact hatch date) and i was curious to see when it would be okay to feed him turkey. He's still pretty small....like maybe 6 inches inluding his tail.

Thanks!

Here's a pic of him:

IMG_1619.jpg

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
I would stick to crickets, roaches, phoenix worms, or greens. While people feed their dragons the strangest stuff. I wouldn't experiment with a baby dragon.

Jeff

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Like citrusdragon said stick to what is on the list of foods. Those foods are rich in the vitamins and nutrients your beardie needs to be healthy. I take my beardie to a vet who deals with lots of reptiles and he said too many owners hurt their dragons by feeding them foods that are not suited for them.

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Because she writes up stats on request. That's why they're in yellow along with weird stuff like spagetti and tofu.

Trogdor80

Hatchling Member
It probably wouldn't be healthy on a daily basis because its higher fat than insects, but feeding your dragon a piece shouldn't hurt it.

Jean

Hatchling Member
I fed Spot a few very small pieces of turkey the day after Thanksgiving. At first she looked at me like I was nuts and then she tasted it. After waiting a while she gobbled (argh, bad pun) it down. She got very happy afterwards and it made me wonder what was in it. She was running around her tank a lot. A few hours later she went poo. My guess is that it was a tad rich for her, but basically it was okay for a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom