feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragongirl95

Juvie Member
So i am away at college for the first year and i realized upon questioning my mom who is taking care of my beardies for me. That my stock of rusty reds is getting low. Now my mom didn't like the roaches to begin with and I figured since the roaches will be gone soon I would try to figure out another feeder That is easy to care for and breed while of course being good for the beardies. So i need some ideas of what to switch the beardies over to. My mom doesnt like dubia, Superworms creep her out, and some of my guys dont like crickets. So do you guys have any ideas of a new feeder that wouldnt be too hard for her to take care of?

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
If you want good feeders that are also easy to breed/maintain a colony of,
then Dubia (and the other tropical roach species) and Crickets are pretty
much your only choice.

You could try BSF (phoenix worms) or Silkworms, as they are good feeders,
but from everything I've read they are not easy to breed.

dragongirl95

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ok so i just talked to her as long as i order the rusty red roachs and deal with tranfering them from shipping box to the container we keep them in She will stick to rusty reds. I would like to do dubia but when she seen adult ones at a expo she freaked out and doesnt want them in the house But for now it looks like we will stick to rusty reds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemommma
Top Bottom