Enhance the color of your dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ok i see and my lighting and temps are all good. Reptisun and temps at 110 and dont really pay attentikn to the coolside.

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
If your flur fixture holds 2 bulbs you can get a 50/50 light for the 2nd bulb and uses the reptisun 10 for the 1st bulb.
The 50/50 is a bulb used in salt water aquariums to enhance coral colors. It really wont be to much of a difference.

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thats understanding and alot of reptile bulbs say they will improve the colors in reptiles like zoomeds halogen but those bulbs never last. There are other bulbs i read and say the same but never improve anything. But my dragons been shedding alot so its hard to tell.

BadCon

Sub-Adult Member
A bright enclosure is the best trick for good colors. Often times a single Reptisun and a basking bulb are not enough. Walk outside on a sunny day and notice how you almost instantly squint your eyes. Now stick your head in your beardie tank...not nearly as bright. It takes a good deal of wattage to replicate even a partly sunny day, so consider adding additional lights of the proper spectrum to your enclosure. A fluorescent bulb ranging from 5000-6500 kelvin is the best way to approximate sunlight, and if you can mix and match spectrum's it would be even better.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Keep in mind that some bulbs simply make the dragon and cage look a different color while they are under the light itself, not that they cause the animal to intensify it's color.

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Does the reptisun reflect off glass and hit the dragons. What would you recommend if am using a reptisun and daylight bulbs what else would help the coloring.

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I wanted to but i need a 20 inch reptisun 10.0 tube but cant find one and not sure if it will work with this fixture zoomed reptisun terrarium hood The ReptiSun® Terrarium Hoods are low profile hoods designed to hold one T8 size linear fluorescent lamp. The ReptiSun® Terrarium Hoods feature a built-in reflector which allows for deeper penetration of visible light and UVB into your terrarium.

NurseKrista1014

Hatchling Member
I seen a vibrant change in colour of my bearded dragons once I started adding Zilla Fortified food and colour& Growth enhancer pellets to their greens

Terminator7777

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Really can you post the names of the products like zoomed reptisun terrarium hood so its easy to search and find. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom