Enclosure size, too small?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashpd2006

I found a great deal on CL for some stackable cages. I have 2 babies that I need to separate ASAP, too many horror stories to keep tempting fate. Anyway, the guy says the dimensions are 21x23.1/2x34. The length seems really short to me, but I'm no expert. Does the height make up for it, if I were to build up, so to speak? I'm guessing not, but wanted more opinions.

Thanks!

ynevar

Juvie Member
It would be fine for babies I would think, as long as you could get the UVB light close enough for them, which come to think of it, the Reptisun 10.0 comes in an 18" but my light fixture is about 24" so it wouldn't fit down in... HMMMM not sure about anyone elses fixture size. But they are going to outgrow that size tank in no time so if it is a lot of money for them I'd really consider getting a different set up. What does anyone else think about that? I do understand your wish to separate as soon as possible. What size enclosure are they in now?

Ashpd2006

Original Poster
Yeah, I was hoping to upgrade to something more permanent. Right now they are sharing a 40 gallon breeder. I'm also going th stackable enclosure route, to save space....tanks take up so much room!

ynevar

Juvie Member
I did see a great shelving system at Home Depot that two 40 gallon breeder would fit right on and you could customize the layout. It was a bit industrial looking but it would serve the purpose just fine and it was not that expensive.

Ashpd2006

Original Poster
ynevar":11ea0p08 said:
I did see a great shelving system at Home Depot that two 40 gallon breeder would fit right on and you could customize the layout. It was a bit industrial looking but it would serve the purpose just fine and it was not that expensive.

That's a idea! I worry about the sturdiness, I have a toddler and 4 yr old and 2 babies that I watch.

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Ashpd2006":1nvdnrvr said:
ynevar":1nvdnrvr said:

That's a idea! I worry about the sturdiness, I have a toddler and 4 yr old and 2 babies that I watch.

You can buy a kit to bolt it to the wall so that it doesn't tip. :D

My husband did this with our bookshelves.

ynevar

Juvie Member
Well it looked sturdy enough to me. I mean heavy duty.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...talogId=10053&productId=202995256&R=202995256

There that is the one that I was looking at. I saw it with fish tanks on it, so I know it is sturdy enough for dragons. You may want to affix to wall if you have toddlers. I did that kind of thing when my son was little, he liked to climb everything!!!! (SCARY!)

I liked the shelving unit because you could adjust your shelves and even had space for a cricket tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom