Ekk its awful, operation Monday :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livey

Extreme Poster
I posted a while back about some scales on Nu`s tail, It was painful to touch so i took her to the vets,
She gave me some Flamazine cream and i have been putting it on every day for about 2 weeks maybe 1 and half..
At first it just discolored the scales, and too days ago the scales started coming off except for the really black one
Well today it just came off, its was really horrible, and the scale look hollow , and quite sore still....
Im not really sure what to do, i dont want anything getting in to it,
Should i put something around it?

thanks x

AMHaak

Juvie Member
I would say that you should try to wrap it up in some kind of ace bandage, but I am not sure. I am just posting so that I bump your post. Hopefully someone with a little more knowledge will be able to help you.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Olivia, can you get a pic uploaded? Might be easier to advise if we could see it. For now, if there is anything in her viv that she could aggravate it on, I would take it out

T

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh geez, what happened? Do you have any pictures at all for us? That does sound painful.
You are using a solid substrate right?
I would get her to the vet though, as that could get infected pretty quickly.

Tracie

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I just got some pictures up.
Ive stopped using the cream, i was only ment to use it for a week or so, but i dident appear to be making a difference till a day or two ago
IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1517.jpg

As you can see its darker, and lighter were it shed,
the black bit came off in a chunk , it was black and looked awful,
now theres just a whole there,
And shes going through spring fever so shes going mad and running around her cage, im just worried shes going to catch it or something going to get in it..

MissT

BD.org Addict
I can't see the pic (although that could just be my phone) it sounds pretty bad tho! Perhaps u should take out any risky viv furniture until u get her to the vet. I'm assuming that's prob not going to be possible until monday tho unless ur vet is open tomorrow morning?

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Yeah the vets is open tomorrow, but i just don`t no whether the herp vet is in :/

MissT

BD.org Addict
phone and explain u need to be seen today- if ur vets surgery is anything like mine they will have at least 1 other vet who knows a little about reptiles. I know when a vet with lesser knowledge sees Kazi they will phone the herp vet and ask him if they are unsure. Hopefully ul get some answers tomorrow.

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Sids the only reptile vet, i don`t really trust anyone else after billy died because none of them a reptile vets..
The vet who gave me the cream, new a little about them, but not much, she just said she would see me because Sid was running late
The cream is actually for humans , she just said it gets under scales well..
Ill have to ring tommorow but im pretty sure she only works Wednesday.. if that the case, what should i do in the mean time?
even if i get an emergency appointment, i can't ask for the reptile vet, its just who ever is on that night :(

wizbee

Juvie Member
If your beardie is on sand I would remove it for now so it doesn't get in the wound.
Yikes! That looks yucky!

wckdbtch

Hatchling Member
Hi there Olivia

Sorry to hear about Nu's tail. It does look painful... Does it look like it is bothering her? What type of cream did they give you? Maybe I can get hold of a reptile vet here and check if they agree or if you PM Tracie?

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
wizbee":23xkjt0f said:
If your beardie is on sand I would remove it for now so it doesn't get in the wound.
Yikes! That looks yucky!

Nope tile :)

wckdbtch":23xkjt0f said:
Hi there Olivia

Sorry to hear about Nu's tail. It does look painful... Does it look like it is bothering her? What type of cream did they give you? Maybe I can get hold of a reptile vet here and check if they agree or if you PM Tracie?

its Flamazine cream, before i took her to the vets the fisrt time it hurt her, when you would skim over it she would flinch and pull away, after about a week of putting the cream on it stoped hurting her,
i dont really want to touch it at the moment ahha
i stopped putting it on, ad i was only suppose to put it on for a week..

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That does look painful.
How is she doing today?
I would try to keep it as clean as possible. Do you have any gauze to wrap around it to help keep it protected? I would definitely keep the cream on it until you can have a vet look at it.
How is her appetite doing?

Tracie

Livey

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I tried putting something over it, but she wouldn't keep still, ill try do it while she is sleeping ;)
As for her appetite, Its hardly there at the moment, But im not sure if thats just the spring fever( she did this last year) she last ate about a week ago properly, but she did eat one this morning... :(
Ill bath her everyday until i get to see a vet

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh, I sure hope that she starts eating better for you. It doesn't "appear" to be getting infected, but that is probably due to you taking such good care of that area.
That is a great idea, sneak the gauze on overnight, just to help hold the cream & ointment into the area more.
Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom