Eating Habits Changing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kajolic

Juvie Member
Little Dovah is about 10 months old (est. DoB 10/15/11) Weight a little low in my own opinion due to a recent episode of Coccidia, which has been treated and come back negative of the fecal tests, but the vet says he is of good weight of 13 oz (365.5 g) but I still feel he should be around 440g. He measure just under 18" from snout to tail tip. Bowel movements are normal, urate fine, not overly watery so he is hydrated well. Waking hours follow the sunrise and sunset pretty closely, had a separate thread to that regard. He is very active, with the Viv facing a window he loves to sit at to stare into the land which he cannot roam, he will run back and forth at the Viv face front until I let him out, or he tires out and chills at a log at the front of the Viv.

Any rate, I typically fed him crickets around 11am, and again around 5pm during my work lunch and when I go home from work in the evening. Now he seems he is the least bit interested in crickets around the normal times. Granted he is nearing a year old and feedings should be nearing once a day anyway. Even still, I have tried different times of the day. For example, yesterday we tried to feed him at 11am and he wasn't interested, then again at 1pm, and again at 5pm. He didn't want anything to do with it.
I have noticed he will eat more of an undusted cricket before he will go after a dusted cricket. Don't know why. Dusting is still as I always have, first feeding of the day Sat, Sun, Tues, Wed, Fri I use Calcium w/ D3, and Mon, Thurs I use Multi-Vitamins. Is it time to adjust the dusting as well?
When I feed him, I remove him from his Vivarium and place him within a feeding bin. I have noticed he well look at me, back to his Viv, and sometimes try to climb out. When he does this I let him out, but I'm curious if that may have a reason to why he doesn't seem interested in feeding. The bin is a plastic tote close to the size of a 30 gallon tank, so he had enough room to move and hunt.
When he does decide to eat in the tote he will typically stand in one location and let the crickets come to him. I often have to coarse the crickets towards him now. Very rarely does he go after then, I would say once every 2 weeks he will be that energetic during feeding to do so.
If I put the crickets in his Viv, he will hunt them down, but I have to take out so much decor his often gets a little bothered by the changes before lunch.
If I let crickets crawl on my hand and feed them to him one at a time, he will eat them until he has had enough.

For salads I feed him Mustard greens, Collard greens, Turnip greens as the base. I'll add strawberries, blueberries, raspberries as a treat from time to time hiding them under the greens. I have a butternut squash which he loves I'll add more often than the berries. Usually he will eat a third to half of the green I put in, and half of the berries. I allow a small bit of water at the bottom of the dish to help keep the salad moist, if it dries I'll replace throughout the day. Anything I should think about adding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom