Eating Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

NathanNatalie3002

Hatchling Member
My BD is roughly 10-11 month's old she has always been at good eating but lately within the last month or so not eating as much and going from 2 live meals with veg to 1 with veg a day but still has shown interest eating.

3 days ago i transported my BD from one place to another (Car journey) and since then she has not seemed interested in live food or veg. she did however eat 2 locusts on the second day but only because they where right in front of her. She also seems her normal self, likes baths and puffs her beard from time to time as usual.

And one other thing her female owner "Natalie" normally takes care of her but she is away for work reasons..... so is she missing her mum...???? I dont know HELP!

Temps 80f-112f
UVB 10 (3 weeks old)

Luthien

Juvie Member
Beardies don't take being relocated very well. Give your beardie time to adjust, I can't really say how much time because all beardies are different in this. Just make sure she/he keeps eating even if it is a little and going to the bathroom regularly.

Also a quick thing on the temps. Make sure your beardie has a cool side and a hot side. The hot side should be between 100-110F and the cool side between 75-85F.

Yes she could be missing "Mom" as beardies do become attached to people.

NathanNatalie3002

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The temperatures are fine, and she has never been bothered about moving before. She likes to explore new environments. This started before the move it has been gradual. She is fine in herself spending half the day in one area and half in the next moving to the front of the glass to lick/see us now and again, she poos every 3 days in the bath and other than that she is just eating bits and bobs, some day lots and others hardly anything.

Is this common when they get older?

Luthien

Juvie Member
Yes this is very common in older beardies. Just like kids they grow like weeds when their young and then slow down when they hit a certain age. Don't be alarmed by the lack of eating or not running around as much it's natural for beardies.

Maxwellsmomma1989

Hatchling Member
this may help i learned last year with maxwell sometimes they get finicky and dont wanna eat in their cage. theres one time of year that max wants to get picky and wont eat anything in his cage..so i take him out and he eats while cruising around the house hes still picky about his veggies as he will only go crazy for the ones in the yard that he can pick himself..sometimes they get like kids and what things done their way or no way

NathanNatalie3002

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes thankyou I think this is the case. She looks fine all bright and then dark to absorb more heat etc. she stopped eating in her separate feeder tank a while ago and demanded feeding in her viv which I hate doing as the crickets hide! The only
Food she will chase is locusts! But I don't want to feed her those all the time.

Thank you

Luthien

Juvie Member
If your beardie isn't too interested in hunting down food you might want to consider switching to freeze dried. Both my beardies are on freeze dried and doing well, some people will say it doesn't have the right nutrition or it depletes their natural hunting instincts, it doesn't! If I were to put live food in with my 6 year old beardie who has been on freeze dried for 5 years he would hunt it down if he felt like it.

The best freeze dried is Flucker's crickets, the crickets are already gut loaded with everything a beardie needs nutritionally and Flucker's is a really good brand. Here's a picture of the bottle:

http://www.reptilesupply.com/product.php?products_id=585

NathanNatalie3002

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you for the info I will consider if she gets worse. I'm
In the UK. She ate loads today she is just picky. I don't like to leave her with crickets all day because they all hide and she doesn't go looking for them, so I have to take out her basking rock and UVB log and newspaper so she can have a free run of them and even then she doesn't always want them, then I have to pick them out again. She ate a lot of veg today and about 20 crickets so that's good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom